Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Oh my God!! Container prices!!

Oh my God!! Container prices!!

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:04 am
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about
Default Oh my God!! Container prices!!

Just had the man from Robinsons International walk around my house, open my cupboards and tell me how much it would be to send a 20 foot container to Calgary!! Had to get my husband to sit down before I told him the price - £4,500 :scared: that excludes insurance [£1,500] or storage [£??].

I know this forum has many threads about removals/containers and I really should sit down and find them, but, I have 101 things to in the next 8 weeks, I really would welcome recommendations from fellow Brits who have had a good, cheaper experience. One line replies would be great [quicker to read them as time is of the essence]
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

third time lucky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh my God!! Container prices!!

Originally Posted by Nickola
Just had the man from Robinsons International walk around my house, open my cupboards and tell me how much it would be to send a 20 foot container to Calgary!! Had to get my husband to sit down before I told him the price - £4,500 :scared: that excludes insurance [£1,500] or storage [£??].

I know this forum has many threads about removals/containers and I really should sit down and find them, but, I have 101 things to in the next 8 weeks, I really would welcome recommendations from fellow Brits who have had a good, cheaper experience. One line replies would be great [quicker to read them as time is of the essence]
Two years ago we paid GBP 4200 for a 40 ft cont full service door to door except for a number of boxs packed by us. Insurance was 2.23% of our declared value.
This was with GB Liners. A recommened company.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:58 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice
Default Re: Oh my God!! Container prices!!

Originally Posted by Nickola
I really would welcome recommendations from fellow Brits who have had a good, cheaper experience. One line replies would be great [quicker to read them as time is of the essence]
Give these guys a call. We didn't ship as much as you but they were very reasonable and provided an excellent service.

Advance Forwarding Ltd
Castle Lane Industrial Estate
Melbourne, Derbys,
United Kingdom DE73 8JB
Contact - Gaz.
Tel: (+44) (0) 1332-865656, Fax: (+44) (0) 1332-865657
E-mail: [email protected]