Oh My God!!!!!!!

Oh My God!!!!!!!

Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:32 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by purple80
Hi All,
Well the news is that there is still no news. :curse:

Chris had 3rd interview on Tuesday night with the Plant Manager (would be boss), all very stressy for us as I was on nights Monday and Tuesday, and Chris was struggling to get out of work early, as he is on a project and they are very busy. Tuesday morning after a night shift, Chris had me running around town trying to find the perfect display folder for his certificates, one and half hours later, £24 lighter I found it went home and put it all together for him.

Interview was set for 8pm in Carmarthen, 3 hour drive from our house on very squirly roads, he roared off our drive at 5.20pm. I went back to bed thinking I can get some sleep now, just as I fell asleep my mobile rang.

Picture this, confused half asleep blonde with ear plugs in, trying to answer phone whilst pulling ear plugs out, managed to answer, pull one out and poke myself in the eye. Now the air has turned blue, luckily it was only Chris. He wanted me to check the map, now imagine me stumbling downstairs to locate a map, mobile phone in one hand, one eye closed and one ear plug in....

Located map he told me what he wanted to know (which was a short cut he had thought of, he just wanted confirmation).

As you would expect of any decent map this involved tracing his route on one page and then trying to find it on another, sorted, told him, then couldn't work out why he was not responding??? Then realised mobile phone was clamped to the ear with plug still in it. Swapped phone to other ear, told Chris what I thought he wanted to know, naming places he would go through, at one point I named Llandovery and he said I don't know where that is, I was starting to lose my cool, so I continued to give the directions going via the place I was not allowed to mention, (sarcasm starting to creep in) and I also said that once he had been through the place I was not allowed to mention, he would know it and could I have permission to mention it in future.

Sorted, I go back to bed, with one sore eye, one stuck ear plug and one foul temper, then proceed to imagine him driving down the Welsh roads way too fast and crashing, gave up on sleep and did the ironing instead.

He rang at 7.50pm to say that he had made it, and on time. I went to work and awaited the phone call, he rang at 11pm, interview went really well, he seemed to have a rapor with the would be boss, who was impressed with his experience and qualifications, not worried about LMO or timeframe. He also found out that the two people who had interviewed Chris previously (Montreal and phone interview) had both spoken to the Plant Manager and said that he really needed to see Chris. We should hear off them next week, (or in the New Year!!!!! NERVOUS BREAKDOWN...)

Plant Manager needs to speak to his boss and the Vice President of Engineering (who interviewed Chris in Montreal). We are presuming (hopefully) that the reason for this would be to confirm that they want him and to work out pay package, we are not counting our chickens yet, but it is looking good...

Charlie
Charlie...sorry for laughing but your account of things is so good sounds like things are progressing well and just as Mandymoochops says - what would the men do without us?

Keep up the good work - good things always happen at Christmas to those who believe
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:41 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

They do happen at relevant times actually - for us we got the email from o/h compant telling us of positive LMO about 1 minute to midnight (it was my birthday the next day) so it was a cool pressie!

Alison you got your permits for xmas

Come on Charlie don't let the side down
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:49 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everybody!

If good things come to those who wait, Santa should be dumping a good load on us....

Will update when there is more news.....
Thanks again for all the support, it really does help to have your virtual buddies around.

Charlie
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:23 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Thank you everybody!

If good things come to those who wait, Santa should be dumping a good load on us....

Will update when there is more news.....
Thanks again for all the support, it really does help to have your virtual buddies around.

Charlie
We have got everything crossed for you charlie, cj and i both send our best wishes.

Regards

Steve
Old Dec 16th 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
Charlie...sorry for laughing but your account of things is so good sounds like things are progressing well and just as Mandymoochops says - what would the men do without us?

Keep up the good work - good things always happen at Christmas to those who believe
And for the sake of your sleep, Charlie, get you OH a GPS for Christmas.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 6:12 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers and toes still crossed for you. As a Welsh person I have to ask why Camarthen for the interview? just being nosey
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Fingers and toes still crossed for you. As a Welsh person I have to ask why Camarthen for the interview? just being nosey
Hi Lorna,
It's where their UK factory is, Plant Manager was over from Ontario on a site visit.
Charlie
Old Dec 16th 2007, 7:45 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorna,
It's where their UK factory is, Plant Manager was over from Ontario on a site visit.
Charlie
Thanks Charlie my curiousity getting the better of me as usual - I need a job
Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

NETTY07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Charlie i've been following your story , i'm sure you will get what you want .
Netty
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:21 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

still have fingers toes crossed and cant wait for your good newsgood luck charlie the drinks are on me when the good news comes in

kate
Old Dec 19th 2007, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by NETTY07
Good luck Charlie i've been following your story , i'm sure you will get what you want .
Netty
Thank you....

Originally Posted by kate white
still have fingers toes crossed and cant wait for your good newsgood luck charlie the drinks are on me when the good news comes in

kate
I'll hold you to that!

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Thanks Charlie my curiousity getting the better of me as usual - I need a job
Nowt wrong with curiosity....

Latest update, Still no news from original company.
Chris has telephone interview with another company tonight.
Charlie
Old Dec 19th 2007, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you....

I'll hold you to that!

Charlie
Good luck maybe the interview tonight will go well then you may have a choice, all the best try not to worry too much

cheers Sue
Old Dec 20th 2007, 5:00 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I've run out of fingers and toes to cross so will now start on my eyes Still wishing you good luck.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:19 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you....

I'll hold you to that!

Charlie

Come on Charlie....we're all dying here to know how interview went?

Maybe we'll get you back to Saskatchewan yet
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Alvic
Come on Charlie....we're all dying here to know how interview went?

Maybe we'll get you back to Saskatchewan yet
OH GOT THE JOB

Had phone call tonight, Chris has been offered the job!

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.