Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Offer on the house

Offer on the house

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Offer on the house

Hi All

I don't post very often on here these days but during the last 6 months where we have held off from putting the house on the market some of the most inspiring posts have been when people have sold houses.

And so.....

We have had an offer on our house yesterday. Its also a good offer so the signs are that the market is turning.

The wife starts her job in Vancouver mid July so she is heading early July. I hope to be gone by the end of July. Excellent, am over the moon.

Bring it on.

To all those who have been waiting to sell then an upturn is afoot.

Good luck
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offer on the house

Well done and good luck for the future
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future

Oh my goodness your post made me have goosebumps on my arms! It's unbelievable how similar your situation is to ours...two weeks ago, when we were very desperate, we too had an offer on our house-not a good one but it was ok and when you see what the bigger picture is, ie; what we can afford in Canada if our UK house sells then it all becomes relative!

My hubby is off to Calgary a few weeks before me and the children and boy did we need the funds from our house to help us re-locate...so I guess in the end everything has turned out ok providing the house sale goes through!

Lots of luck to you and your family for a very happy future and how lucky are you to be going to live in Vancouver!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Tamsin

Cool stuff for you guys. Was just doing some planning and I am planning flying on 8th August from London Heathrow

Have fun in Calgary and good luck
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:49 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

so, so pleased for you guys....it's such a nightmare, right?

we, on the other hand, have just lost our buyer today, for the second time, so i am sitting here feeling very pissed off and just fed up really.....i quess third time lucky springs to mind, so i really do hope that there is an up-turn in the market.....it's really hard trying to sell your house from afar and you have to trust in the people that are left behind to deal with it all.......now i don't trust them at all, as they have constantly lied and lied.......so, i might just get on an airoplane soon and go and stick a rocket somewhere.....blah, blah, blah.....

but seriously, well done and i don't mean to steal your good news thread.....x
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:12 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations to those with offers and sorry to gibbonslanding about your disappointment. crossing fingers and toes for all of you
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:14 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Hi All

I don't post very often on here these days but during the last 6 months where we have held off from putting the house on the market some of the most inspiring posts have been when people have sold houses.

And so.....

We have had an offer on our house yesterday. Its also a good offer so the signs are that the market is turning.

The wife starts her job in Vancouver mid July so she is heading early July. I hope to be gone by the end of July. Excellent, am over the moon.

Bring it on.

Good luck
congrats dude, we've had about 7 viewings in 2 weeks but no offers yet.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you londonhatter.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

lindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the roughlindaANDneil is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

And so.....

Bring it on.

Good luck
Congratulations! Brilliant news!
We're going to Vancouver too once we've sold the house which has been on the market for a year. Had a spate of viewings in the last few weeks including an extremely thorough second viewing yesterday. She said she's going to make an offer and I'm anxiously waiting to see if she does. Nail biting times. Good luck with everything! :-)
Linda
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thank for all your well wishes.

I really do think that the market is changing. We had a couple of really lowball offers before our asking price offer (one was 45,000 below the asking price lol). It is changing though and there are now stories in the news of sealed bids coming back in London. There was a couple on the news who sold their house for more than the asking price.

This is London and it is different but this will filter out to the rest of the country as those buyers who have been waiting for the optimal time realise (or is it realize now!!) that the time is now or its going to cost a lot more.

Sorry to hear you lost a couple Gibsons, its going to work out sooner rather than later.

Cheers
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

That's great new's londonhatter and hopefully it's inspiring for others.

We are really pleased for you.

Sam
Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

heidi40 will become famous soon enoughheidi40 will become famous soon enough

Good luck on the sale of your house and more importantly your move.
our house been on the market since last Feb and only two offers more than 100000 pounds less than the asking price.
we kind of lost our hopes now. Larger houses won't sell as easy. Don't know what to do?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

I'm intrigued by the good offer. Did you price according to the current trend or were you lucky and got an offer on a more optimistic price?

We're unfortunately going the other way and need to get a feel for for we can afford.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi Posidrive

I think we were realistic with our pricing. When we bought the house we imagined that we would sell for a bit more than we actually put it up for sale at. That said we got more than we paid for it two years ago which as you may remember was the height of the market just before the crash.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Posidrive

I think we were realistic with our pricing. When we bought the house we imagined that we would sell for a bit more than we actually put it up for sale at. That said we got more than we paid for it two years ago which as you may remember was the height of the market just before the crash.
Forgot to day congratulations. Good luck in BC. Think I just go into a corner and cry though. House prices here have dropped 25% since the peak in 2007.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.