Reload this Page >

off to Nova scotia

off to Nova scotia

Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

mark-H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default off to Nova scotia

hi all,

Just wanted to indroduce ourselves and say Hi.

We think this site is fab and have been reading it for a while now, this week we have commited to moving to Canada and started the visa process, the house is on the market and we are going out for a reccie hopefully at the end of the year.

It's very exciting but we are also feeling pretty nervous, just hoping to chat to people in a similar position.

Will be going with my husband a carpenter and our two year old son, I'm a Midwife but probably won't be working for a while once we get there. Would love to hear from anyone with (or without!!) small children and how they are coping! and any advice would be great!

thanks
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:07 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: off to Nova scotia

Originally Posted by mark-H
hi all,

We think this site is fab and have been reading it for a while now, this week we have commited to moving to Canada and started the visa process, the house is on the market and we are going out for a reccie hopefully at the end of the year.

It's very exciting but we are also feeling pretty nervous, just hoping to chat to people in a similar position.

Will be going with my husband a carpenter and our two year old son, I'm a Midwife but probably won't be working for a while once we get there. Would love to hear from anyone with (or without!!) small children and how they are coping! and any advice would be great!

thanks
Hi and welcome to BE

Poppy2 is a midwife in NS having recently moved over this year I think.

We visited for the first time in May and loved it

Good luck
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Hi Mark-H
Welcome to the site, you should find just about everything that you need here in the way of help and information.
There are loads of people here have made the move to Nova Scotia, so loads of experience at hand.
You will just love Nova Scotia we are off on Tuesday to buy a house somewhere in the Halifax area.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Mark-H
Welcome to BE, we just arrived this month so ask me in a few weeks and I will tell you how it's going. So far so good though.

Kiddy2NS
TUESDAY!! That has gone so fast. I'll PM you. Get in touch when you arrive.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark-H
hi all,

thanks
Hi mark-H,

Welcome to BE. Can't say too much about your intended destination,(as we are in Alberta), other than the fact that there appears, from their posts on Expats, to be a bundle of damn fine Brits over there to help you. Hope your plans all work out great.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kiddy2ns
Hi Mark-H
Welcome to the site, you should find just about everything that you need here in the way of help and information.
There are loads of people here have made the move to Nova Scotia, so loads of experience at hand.
You will just love Nova Scotia we are off on Tuesday to buy a house somewhere in the Halifax area.

Hi Kiddy2NS,

You employing the assistance of a Real Estate agent to find a house or are you going it alone. Any info you could forward on regarding property in NS would be ace. Sorry to hijack your thread Mark-H. Good luck with your move.

Glassy
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Hi Glassy

I have pm you to keep the thread on topic
Back in 2 weeks.

Bye for now
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiddy2ns
Hi Glassy

I have pm you to keep the thread on topic
Back in 2 weeks.

Bye for now
Good luck with the house buying. Any ideas on areas you are going to look at. We were quite taken with the St Margarets Bay area.

When are you hoping to make the move? We have flights booked for the 14 October.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to BE. We moved over a year ago now with 3 kiddies in tow, then 8, 4 and 11 months.

Feel free to pm/email to pick my brains - what's left of them anyway!!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Glassy
Hi Kiddy2NS,

You employing the assistance of a Real Estate agent to find a house or are you going it alone. Any info you could forward on regarding property in NS would be ace. Sorry to hijack your thread Mark-H. Good luck with your move.

Glassy
I would be interested in this too if you don't mind pm..ing me too?
Originally Posted by rgilbert
Good luck with the house buying. Any ideas on areas you are going to look at. We were quite taken with the St Margarets Bay area.

When are you hoping to make the move? We have flights booked for the 14 October.
We fly out on the 11th, via jfk - thanks to zoom! Where about are you staying?

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
Hi and welcome to BE. We moved over a year ago now with 3 kiddies in tow, then 8, 4 and 11 months.

Feel free to pm/email to pick my brains - what's left of them anyway!!
We are coming over with 3... 9,6 & 4. How they managed with the transistion.. school etc?

Sorry for hyjacking but it's the only chance you get to meet people. I am more than happy for you to pm me instead....

cheers

Shelley

Last edited by sheli0508; Sep 5th 2008 at 3:04 pm. Reason: cant blumming spell
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

welcome to BE
we have been in NS since May and we love it. my 2 children 3 & 8 have settled in nicely, they are even speaking canadian
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

mark-H is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies, will probably be asking lots of questions over the next few months!
It's great to know there are other people out there who are in or have been in the same situation
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glassy
Hi Kiddy2NS,

Glassy

You should always use a Realtor they do not cost you anything if you are buying and they can save you time and money. It is preferable to use a different one to the selling agent.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Arrona
welcome to BE
we have been in NS since May and we love it. my 2 children 3 & 8 have settled in nicely, they are even speaking canadian

We have been here 3yrs and our 7yr old speaks canadian to everyone but us.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
We have been here 3yrs and our 7yr old speaks canadian to everyone but us.
my MIL came over and the kids wont speak candian to her. it takes me all my time to speak english so that the canadians can understand me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.