Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

obviously thick as pig ****........... but

Wikiposts

obviously thick as pig ****........... but

Old May 6th 2010, 7:18 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: obviously thick as pig ****........... but

Originally Posted by Strawberry
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph

don't patronise me......... I am aware of what I want to do but maybe it won't fit in with other members of the "family". I don't have a shitty job but a Business.!!! It won't be better or worse if I move "there" . My mother is 62 and fit and healthy!!!!! she will not happily follow me....!!! BUT like many others (probably including you/and/or/others) have a desire to try something different.....!!! What does that make me...???

Mel.
Perhaps I'm as thick as **** in the neck of a bottle but I didn't read Fledermaus' post as being the least bit patronizing. I think you much overreacted.
Old May 6th 2010, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Perhaps I'm as thick as **** in the neck of a bottle but I didn't read Fledermaus' post as being the least bit patronizing. I think you much overreacted.
yes yes, I agree,................sometimes we are all over sensitive....
Old May 6th 2010, 7:25 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strawberry
yes yes, I agree,................sometimes we are all over sensitive....
Yes the chips and the vodka sound like the best option. I on the other hand am going to spend my lunchtime with a ploughman's, a can of Boddingtons and watching the election returns come in.
Old May 6th 2010, 7:27 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

when we go to canada i'll be leavin my mum which will be hard an somethin i'm not lookin forward to, but, maybe selfishly i'm puttin me an my family first,
and she's coming up with all sorts of reasons why we shouldnt go,

for whats its worth i think at the moment your emotionally all over the place as you say you've jus buried your nan so of course your all over the place at the mo,
can i ask if you will be leaving a large family that'll be around your mum (which might not make you feel better about leaving her, bein her daughter but at least you know there will be other relatives there for her) or will your mum literally be on her own? also when are you going? maybe now isnt the right time to make such a decision?

i dont think fledermaus was meaning to be patronising in any way either i jus think at the moment your obviously very upset - and rightly so, and maybe read her comments the wrong way due to being sensative at the mo

anyway very sorry for your loss
Old May 6th 2010, 7:28 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Yes the chips and the vodka sound like the best option. I on the other hand am going to spend my lunchtime with a ploughman's, a can of Boddingtons and watching the election returns come in.
In the shed?
Old May 6th 2010, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

OMG Ive not voted yet.........s h i t....... off now. Cee ya all later....XX
Old May 6th 2010, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottandsel
when we go to canada i'll be leavin my mum which will be hard an somethin i'm not lookin forward to, but, maybe selfishly i'm puttin me an my family first,
and she's coming up with all sorts of reasons why we shouldnt go,

for whats its worth i think at the moment your emotionally all over the place as you say you've jus buried your nan so of course your all over the place at the mo,
can i ask if you will be leaving a large family that'll be around your mum (which might not make you feel better about leaving her, bein her daughter but at least you know there will be other relatives there for her) or will your mum literally be on her own? also when are you going? maybe now isnt the right time to make such a decision?

i dont think fledermaus was meaning to be patronising in any way either i jus think at the moment your obviously very upset - and rightly so, and maybe read her comments the wrong way due to being sensative at the mo

anyway very sorry for your loss
Yes thank you......... I am emotional at the mo.... you are right....

My family consists of my mother (only child) me, and my brother thats it...!!!
I have four kids though................!!!
Old May 6th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

Hi Strawberry
Like you, I have a mum who is 'alone', in that she doesn't have my dad around for support.(he died many years ago when I was young). When we decided to emigrate, I went through the inevitable 'guilt ridden' phase where I wondered how she would cope without us around.
She was actually very supportive about us leaving the UK, and although she doesn't have my dad around, she has a lot of good friends who look out for her. She still gets lonely, and it makes me feel bad occasionally when she gets all tearful on skype, but the majority of the time she does just fine. She has a good social circle and my brother lives pretty close by - although they drive each other round the bend! Do you have brothers/sisters that will be around for your mum if you decide to move here?

I also remind myself that me and Mum drive one another batty when we're around each other too much. We're chalk and cheese, and although I love and miss her, sometimes a little bit of distance is a huge relief! We talk more now than we ever did before, and the kids get to wave to their granny on the webcam every week. She also makes the trip over here once a year for a couple of weeks - and although it's lovely to see her, it's also a bit of a sigh of relief when she goes as she still nags me like I'm 9 years old!

There was one bit of sound advice Mum gave us when she gave us her blessing to move here. She said 'Live your life for YOU and your family, not for me. You've all got a long life ahead to live your dreams, never die thinking 'what if...'. Pretty wise words I think - a nice change from 'Have you put on weight again dear?'
Old May 6th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

I have a small but fairly tightly knit family. My mum, dad, sister and I are close. I have a half-brother too, but we're not that close. Other than that and a grandmother, we don't have any other real family. My mum's finding the concept of me moving thousands of miles away really difficult and cries every time we discuss it but it's what my fiancee and I want to do and I know if I don't at least give it a shot, I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

Only you can make the difficult decisions in life. You just have to get all of the information together, be it financial, professional or emotional.

All the best to you.
Old May 6th 2010, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I've just read what snoopster wrote and we're pretty much on the same wave length here!
Old May 6th 2010, 8:03 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by snoopster

There was one bit of sound advice Mum gave us when she gave us her blessing to move here. She said 'Live your life for YOU and your family, not for me. You've all got a long life ahead to live your dreams, never die thinking 'what if...'. Pretty wise words I think - a nice change from 'Have you put on weight again dear?'
nice bit of advice there from your mum snoopster ah you get the weight one too do ya
Old May 6th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
I have a small but fairly tightly knit family. My mum, dad, sister and I are close. I have a half-brother too, but we're not that close. Other than that and a grandmother, we don't have any other real family. My mum's finding the concept of me moving thousands of miles away really difficult and cries every time we discuss it but it's what my fiancee and I want to do and I know if I don't at least give it a shot, I'll regret it for the rest of my life.
This is my situation also. It's proving pretty tough at the moment, but we can only hope it will improve in time....
Old May 6th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, about your nan Strawberry....Here's a hug. Remember you must always follow your dreams. I wouldn't want to hold my children back from anything they wanted to do as long as it's legal.
Old May 6th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kate 17
Sorry, about your nan Strawberry....Here's a hug. Remember you must always follow your dreams. I wouldn't want to hold my children back from anything they wanted to do as long as it's legal.
Or in the woods, with or without blue jeans?
Old May 6th 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Well my daughter wouldn't be giving her blue Jeans away in the woods that's for sure. But if my son wandered in there for a new pair I wouldn't want to stop him. I would just say watch out for the cougars!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.