Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OAP Travel Insurance over 80s

OAP Travel Insurance over 80s

Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough
Default OAP Travel Insurance over 80s

Hi all, just wandering if anyone has any links for travel insurance for me to look at in regards to insuring my mother when she comes to visit.

a 3 week period

Cheers
Gaz
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:43 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OAP Travel Insurance over 80s

Hi Gaz - my mum is in her late 70s and she usually gets her travel insurance when she visits through Sheila's Wheels.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Minstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond reputeMinstrels87 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Hi all, just wandering if anyone has any links for travel insurance for me to look at in regards to insuring my mother when she comes to visit.

a 3 week period

Cheers
Gaz
Hi Gaz67

If you search this forum for "help - elderly parents travel insurance" you will find a thread I had that received a lot of replies. I was specifically looking for insurance for 80 years + (situation is very different for youngsters in their 70's)

Hope that helps
Old Jan 31st 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Masses of info on her about that. Once you get to 80 it gets hard, 85+ - damn hard outside Europe, but there are a lot of leads on the forum which are worth following up. Calling rather than asking for on-line quote seems to generate more results.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys have been searching forum and have found a good few links

staysure.... co uk for over 50s was a great price for my mum and her umpteen health problems got it for around 220 gbps for her 3 week visit in may

dont know if anyone else has used this company!!
still looking for others but think this is a good deal for over 80s

gaz
Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheThornes
Hi Gaz - my mum is in her late 70s and she usually gets her travel insurance when she visits through Sheila's Wheels.

Cheers

found they only went upto age70 on the website ...
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:50 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gaz67
Cheers

found they only went upto age70 on the website ...
Using the information you provided and using a trip cost of $2,000 I got a quote of US $282 from the following company for an 85 year old with existing conditions . The company is based in California. One of my neighbours has used them for many years and he travels extensively. He has made three quite large claims over the years and was promptly re-imbursed with absolutely no problems.
You can get a quote without registering with them.

https://www.csatravelprotection.co

Last edited by Auld Yin; Jan 31st 2011 at 9:53 pm.