Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Oakville/Toronto/GTA

Oakville/Toronto/GTA

Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Oakville/Toronto/GTA

Originally Posted by citizen
i used to live on mary street, are you near there, i moved because it was a busy street and a predominately italian/potuguese pensioner neighbourhood.
my fault for using an agent from brampton

what line of work are you in? i need a good bathroom fitter
what makes u think she's a bathroom fitter???
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

citizen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy
i`d be very suprised if she was a bathroom fitter

why do you ask? is she? because i do need one and tradesmen around here are hard to get
Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

crosswire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
Aha! none of my friends live in Oakville. So why do I live there... good question!

I went to this social dinner thing in Oakville last Monday night. The people there were Canadian Oakville residents. Bar one person (who lived in Mississauga) they were completely up their own a*ses, had rather too much of a fondness for their own voices, and were only interested in playing one upmanship on the number and quality of vacations that they had taken. Sadly these were not vacations where they actually learnt anything of the world as most seemed to have been taken in Club Med resorts.

I was so appaulled by their behaviour, I considered walking out of dinner. But then I had paid for it, and I am from Yorkshire orginally.
Eeee bah gum good old yorkshire lassie eh.. Thats where we are from, East Yorkshire. What part were you from?? ....
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by crosswire
Cheers!! Have a word with Citizen (Dean) on this thread, he can give you the lowdown on what you need..Really nice chap (cheques in the post Dean..)

I know its boring, but the web site has new piccies daily. www.ohcanada.co.uk they are obviously for us (my wife and I) so they will be boring for anyone else, but your quite welcome to look and it may show you a bit of the area you havnt seen

John... HAve fun when you get here!! PLENTY....
Thanks again for letting us have a good nose at the pics you've collected. U couldn't pop over to Brampton on yur way home could u?
Safe journey back
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tisme will become famous soon enough

Thanks again for letting us have a good nose at the pics you've collected. U couldn't pop over to Brampton on yur way home could u?
Safe journey back
He should be on the train from Manchester by now and halfway home. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the video footage I just hope he had the decency to call into Brampton for you too
Old Aug 6th 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tisme
He should be on the train from Manchester by now and halfway home. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the video footage I just hope he had the decency to call into Brampton for you too
I'm home now..... Im feeling rather sad....Happy to see all the family and all but missing it already.. Videos have come out better than I expected, will see what I can do for you Patsy
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm home now..... Im feeling rather sad....Happy to see all the family and all but missing it already.. Videos have come out better than I expected, will see what I can do for you Patsy
i know that feelin....i missed it when i came home and was unable to explain fully to my family what it was i missed...never mind, u will all be there b4 u know it................nice work
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:08 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.

We (my family) are in the process of immigrating to Canada, and after reading many posts we have found a hopefully nice area called Oakville, so I am going over there on Friday for a week to "check it out" to see if this is a better option for us as a family than Vancouver.

We visited Vancouver in 2003 so we know what its like there, and yes its excellent!

If anyone fancies catching up for a coffee and a chat let me know and we can share some thoughts. Would also be really interested to hear from Electricians as this is my main occupation.

Best Wishes!!

Do they give free greenshield stamps or lottery tickets when you move to ''Oakville''.........Seems almost the whole population of G.B. is moving there.
I hear there are lots of Brits and Brit Pubs with Brit food............but was thinking wouldnt it cost less money and stress to just Stay here????
Lets all move to oakville
I hear its really great
Lets all have a fry up
Filling up our plate
British pubs and British food
British beer there to
Come on now admit it
It was made for me and you
They tell me its in Canada
Now that just cant be true
Everyone who lives here sounds like me and you
Say hooray for Oakville
We are on way
A little bit of Gb....Thousands of miles away.................
Now please dont get offended
By my little verse.........wherever you go in Canada I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST/
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

i know that feelin....i missed it when i came home and was unable to explain fully to my family what it was i missed...never mind, u will all be there b4 u know it................nice work
I mean i missed canada
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

As long as they don't do away with the Maple Syrup and blueberry pancakes!
:scared:

[QUOTE=rossandvi]Do they give free greenshield stamps or lottery tickets when you move to ''Oakville''.........Seems almost the whole population of G.B. is moving there.
I hear there are lots of Brits and Brit Pubs with Brit food............but was thinking wouldnt it cost less money and stress to just Stay here????
Lets all move to oakville
I hear its really great
Lets all have a fry up
Filling up our plate
British pubs and British food
British beer there to
Come on now admit it
It was made for me and you
They tell me its in Canada
Now that just cant be true
Everyone who lives here sounds like me and you
Say hooray for Oakville
We are on way
A little bit of Gb....Thousands of miles away.................
Now please dont get offended
By my little verse.........wherever you go in Canada I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST/ QUOTE]
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

I mean i missed canada

We're already making plans to go over there next year for a family trip so I'm really looking forward to that.
I've spent many hours since yesterday browsing the Community guides, Realty leaflets and now trawling through about 2 hrs of video. It's all great!
He brought home some local papers too. When I've finished with it all I'll pass it on to you.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

rpdowniejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Small world. I was at the CHC from 1996 to 2000 (DFAIT but LES). You pre-date me but I'm sure I've heard your name.
Hello again,
Thanks for your e-mails. Good to hear from you.

Correction :- on my first posting, my e-mail should have read as ([email protected]); & my details are on my wee, website at
( http://www.rpdownie.701.com).

Presently, enjoying the annual Jazz Festival here, which is on from 5 - 7/Aug.
Regards for now,
Bob Downie
Old Aug 7th 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rpdowniejr
Hello again,
Thanks for your e-mails. Good to hear from you.

Correction :- on my first posting, my e-mail should have read as ([email protected]); & my details are on my wee, website at
( http://www.rpdownie.701.com).

Presently, enjoying the annual Jazz Festival here, which is on from 5 - 7/Aug.
Regards for now,
Bob Downie
hi just reposting the link http://www.rpdownie.701.com/ as it wont work with the bracket
Old Aug 7th 2005, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

rpdowniejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Oakville/Toronto/GTA

hi just reposting the link http://www.rpdownie.701.com/ as it wont work with the bracket
Hi there,
Thanks very much for the reposting. I was unaware that the brackets would cause a problem.
Thanks again & cheers,
Bob Downie
Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:30 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Having recently broken the Tank (Cistern) for my en suite, I don't really think you would want to employ me as a bathroom fitter. Thanks for the offer though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.