Reload this Page >

Nurses around? Just received NNAS report

Nurses around? Just received NNAS report

Old Feb 8th 2020, 9:17 am
Just Joined

anarid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurses around? Just received NNAS report

HI all,

So I am also one of those who has had an absolutely derogatory experience with NNAS (I first applied on 27th of April 2018!) and just received my report today - Non Comparable - at some 44% which i really think is not accurate, but I have nothing left in me to argue with NNAS over this and just want to carry on trying to get registered.
So I just wanted to ask for some advice/input from someone who has already applied or gone through registration with regulatory bodies... My initial application is with Ontario, so will be applying with them now.. however I see there is an option to "port" the report to another province.. Not sure I understand correctly , but does that mean I can simultaneously have an application with a different body?
I don't really have a particular choice of destination in Canada (well, Ontario I am thinking now), however, I do now read that CNO has the longest waiting times.. so was thinking maybe is worth trying another province too while I am at it? Is it worth it in terms of time?
Also, those of you who have received a non-comparable and gone via CNO - how long, what was the process, etc? Any tips. feedback would be so useful !!

Thank a lot!
Old Feb 12th 2020, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

ponylife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nurses around? Just received NNAS report

Sorry - not a very enthusiastic reply coming-
I applied for NNAS in January 2018, got a partially comparable result in July 2019, applied to BCCNP July 2019, sat NCAS CBA & SLA in Dec 2019. My results were mediocre but not unexpected, every section except one was in the emergent section (if you haven't done it there is 'consistent' or 'undemonstrated', I hadn't done any OSCEs at uni and the only training Ive ever done with SIM men is BLS, so if you want to carry on it's something I would def look into. I haven't had the results from BCCNP as to what they want me to do but expecting the bridging course, in BC there are only 2 options and this is where my issues have started.

-TRU require 1600 hours as a HCA within Canada before you can apply, then the course is distance learning and takes about a year.
-KPU is full time but requires PR or citizenship already, I don't have either and only hitting 380 points on EE.

I was hoping to go over on the IEC then either have a Canadian course or skilled work to add to my points, but the distance learning won't count and the 1600 hours and a years course won't enable me to have enough time to get the years worth of skilled work experience to bump up my points for EE.
This is where I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, I have spend £3000, 2 years and am still 2 years and almost $10,000 away from registering will have to find a job that will give me a LIMA or apply for a work visa- I would be taking a husband and a dog over so it wouldn't be as easy as flying back to the UK after the IEC to arrange this. I am on the brink of cutting my losses and giving up on Canada.
I have been looking at NZ and Australia as spent a fair bit of time in both this year, Australia is relatively simple to register and take a lot of UK nurses, a few people report being registered within 3 months of their application. NZ is similar but I have family and friends in Aus so that is winning at the moment.

I need to chew through this and figure out what to do, I really love Canada, I love the seasons and the country but I do not know if I can commit that amount of money without the guarantee of being able to stay at the end.