Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

NS doing well in growth

NS doing well in growth

Old Jan 9th 2019, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Grimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond reputeGrimnorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NS doing well in growth

Originally Posted by glb19
Nova Scotia is where I'm from and where we'll be moving to once my boyfriend is granted PR and we both find jobs. One thing I must mention is the incredible amount of residential building around the Halifax area (especially my old neighbourhood of West Bedford). Sure there might be some growth, but I can't understand how there's enough growth to be filling the amount of big apartment and condo buildings that are going up. Actually quite upsetting how much forestry is being destroyed to build and don't understand how there's that many people coming that so many need to be built The apartment buildings aren't cheap and so many £500k+ houses are being built as well... so they must be expecting lots of people with half decent money! Anyone know something I don't?!
Some of the growth in and around towns and cities are people moving from rural Nova Scotia to be closer to services. As they get older they need to be closer to service centers and in many cases have disposable income from the sale of land and properties that were family owned for generations. Quite a few from round here have moved to be closer to the cities, funding it through the sale of family farms etc. Not really growth just relocation.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NS doing well in growth

Originally Posted by caretaker
If I was offered a job anywhere that paid that I'd consider it.
I would consider elsewhere as well provided housing costs were reasonable,