Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Now a PR! But which channel at airport passport control...?

Wikiposts

Now a PR! But which channel at airport passport control...?

Old Jan 28th 2006, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

little-beauty is on a distinguished road
Default Now a PR! But which channel at airport passport control...?

Evenin' all

This might sound like a ridiculous question.

Even after all the times I've visited Canada, I don't recall whether the queues at passport control are segregated into "Canadian Citizens" and "Foreigners" or "Canadian Citizens/PRs" and "Foreigners".

Thanks.

Little-B.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all
Default Re: Now a PR! But which channel at airport passport control...?

Originally Posted by little-beauty
Evenin' all

Even after all the times I've visited Canada, I don't recall whether the queues at passport control are segregated into "Canadian Citizens" and "Foreigners" or "Canadian Citizens/PRs" and "Foreigners".
One line fits all unless you need the French speaking agent.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Evenin' all

At most ports of entry (if there is any segregation) it's "Residents" or "Residents/Visitors" - ie, not based on citizenship.

Jeremy
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sysclp
One line fits all unless you need the French speaking agent.

I thought all agents are supposed to be bilingual.

Jeremy
Old Jan 28th 2006, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
I thought all agents are supposed to be bilingual.
Maybe in Quebec, but at the airport here in Toronto only some of the windows are labelled as being able to speak French.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Evenin' all

Thanks.

Little-B.
I was just saying here the other day I was miffed not to have had an opportunity to join the short/fast queue - but someone said this existed at YVR. I've certainly never seen such a queue at YYC, YWG or YYZ...

Was delighted to see a "UK residents" queue at LHR though, separate from the UK/EEC and "Other" one. Much faster
Old Jan 28th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

little-beauty is on a distinguished road

Excellent. Thanks for that. Ever tried to find that information on the web, without the use of this excellent forum?......pretty much imposssible.

Little-B.