Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Recce

Nova Scotia Recce

Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:46 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nova Scotia Recce

Thanks for all your good wishes, I will keep you all informed as we progress on our long long journey

Lisa
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:50 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=McBotts;7317282]Just checking to see if you were back!! We too had a great time- sorry we did not spy you on the plane! I am glad you had a successful trip!

Hi I was looking all over the airport for you and we thought you might have been in front of us at the passport control cus there was a family with 2 boys taking a long time talking to the chap and then went to the immigration section. A tall lady I remember (me being 5ft 2" everyone is tall).

Good to hear it all went great for you, so envious about the skiing, the day we were going to go to Wentworth was the day of the storm!! so didnt dare drive up there with our normal tires on.

Cant wait to go back either, but hopefully for good next time

Lisa x
Old Feb 24th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

McBotts is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=LISABOB;7317774]
Originally Posted by McBotts
Just checking to see if you were back!! We too had a great time- sorry we did not spy you on the plane! I am glad you had a successful trip!

Hi I was looking all over the airport for you and we thought you might have been in front of us at the passport control cus there was a family with 2 boys taking a long time talking to the chap and then went to the immigration section. A tall lady I remember (me being 5ft 2" everyone is tall).

Good to hear it all went great for you, so envious about the skiing, the day we were going to go to Wentworth was the day of the storm!! so didnt dare drive up there with our normal tires on.

Cant wait to go back either, but hopefully for good next time

Lisa x
that was us- by the time we were through immigration- everyone had collected their luggage and the room was empty!
Did you try driving in the storm? We were in Halifax in the morning and headed north after lunch - in a queue of traffic going 30 mph and we had these huge lorries passing us going 60-70mph and creating whiteouts behind them and you couldn't see where you were going! A new experience ....but as always.. the gin and tonic tasted so good when we got there! Relief! Snow tires next time!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:32 pm
Life is great!!

oh god give me snow tyres, we nearly went off the road and down a bank but thank god for my wonderful husband's driving Thought it must have been you, we nearly caught up with you at the passport desk but you just got away from us.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Originally Posted by LISABOB
Hi all - just a note to say we have returned from our Recce (unfortunately) and everything went far better and busier than we could have expected.

We have returned with job offer, bank account, offer on a property and a promise of a place at a school for our daughter The only problem is we havent stopped drinking the bubbly stuff since we got back

NS was everything and more that we hoped for and for all of you about to go on a recce, you wont be disappointed. We had beautiful sunshine, very cold days and even a snow storm

What we did get mostly out of our trip was the sincerity and kindness of the people and the feeling of warmth from everyone we met.

Lisa
Wow, that is a fantastic achievement, well done you

Where abouts have you decided to settle?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

Originally Posted by McBotts
Just checking to see if you were back!! We too had a great time- sorry we did not spy you on the plane! I am glad you had a successful trip!

We had one of the busiest but happy weeks in Nova Scotia. Everyone was so helpful and kind- even IMMIGRATION-! We have landed as PRs, job, house, everything sorted- and ...managed 2 days skiing on the softest snow ever! Good job as we all fell over a few times and it had been a while since we were last on skis! Wentworth is a small hill but it had absolutely great skiing- $200 got equipment, passes and lessons for the kids- for a day which we were quite pleased with. On the Wednesday you could ski down and jump straight back on the lift. No one in front of you and it was just pure blue skies! We are all looking forward to a quick return to NS!
Congratulations to you too

Sounds like a very successful NS week all round. Can't wait for our visit, but we are still waiting for our 90 day letter, so it will be a while still for us. Thanks for the feedback on the skiing too.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

It is so nice to read other Brits thoughts on NS and just love it as much as we do, also really nice to hear that all your dreams are coming true.

Be patient and the dream will become a reality, long hard journey but SO worth it.

Michelle xx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:00 pm
Life is great!!

Thanks Pebblebeach we have decided on Lawrencetown as it is near enough for OH's job and always loved the ocean.

Not too far away from you either mumof2. good to hear you love NS

Lisa
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pebblebeach
Congratulations to you too

Sounds like a very successful NS week all round. Can't wait for our visit, but we are still waiting for our 90 day letter, so it will be a while still for us. Thanks for the feedback on the skiing too.
Boy - I am finding it really hard to get motivated now I am back in Scotland- I just want to be back in NS and setting up house- We fell in love with Fall River- ticked all the boxes for us- but we did drive around Lawrencetown and Cole Harbour too- beautiful beaches!! It is going to be a long couple of months!! I love your comment about practising patience- I have decided that I do not have any!
Kim
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

All areas are lovely, we choose Cole Harbour as the schools in that area are really, really good even our neighbours moved from Fall River to put their young children in them.

Patience - yeah suprisingly i dont have any either which makes the wait so MUCH harder but maybe thats to teach us something either appreciate it when we get herer or ensuring we REALLY want to do it.

Love to meet you when you get here

Michelle xx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

that is really kind Michelle- I hope that the opportunity presents itself soon !
Kim
Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:01 pm
Life is great!!

Hi Michelle, good to hear about the schools and yes we will have to all arrange a meet up when we eventually get their (great idea)