Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Recce

Nova Scotia Recce

Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

hepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nova Scotia Recce

Hey Stuart,
That looks like a really good price. I think sometimes children cope better with long journeys than we do. We leave Heathrow about mid-day and arrive in Halifax 9 in the evening. We had to do the New York as we promised our daughter! (Im excited about that as well)!
Lisa
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hepburn
Hey Stuart,
That looks like a really good price. I think sometimes children cope better with long journeys than we do. We leave Heathrow about mid-day and arrive in Halifax 9 in the evening. We had to do the New York as we promised our daughter! (Im excited about that as well)!
Lisa
LOL, it is a good price but last year we got caught by ZOOM going bust. We spent the night at Halifax airport then flew to Detroit then Amsterdam then Glasgow then drove home. Little un was sick twice due to the long time - Thurs - Sat, so OH says no more long days.

Stuart
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stu-pot
Must be more than one Air Canada, i just checked and their quoting £635 each- the £896 was based on a family of 4
I checked just the site just before posting that reply!!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Just checked the site again and its £407 flying out on the 25th however the direct flight has now disappeared.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanjp32
Just checked the site again and its £407 flying out on the 25th however the direct flight has now disappeared.
thats weird???
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

I have done the search again this morning on www.Aircanada.com. Make sure you go on the UK edition.

I moved the date 1 day forward to the 24th and did the return for the 7th April and i'm getting £381.30. That is a diect flight also!!!!

The 25th was showing as a change in Toronto.

All the flights within those date ranges are within £50 or so of each other depending on the day.

Good luck in your search

Last edited by deanjp32; Feb 16th 2009 at 11:57 am.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by deanjp32
I have done the search again this morning on www.Aircanada.com. Make sure you go on the UK edition.

I moved the date 1 day forward to the 24th and did the return for the 7th April and i'm getting £381.30. That is a diect flight also!!!!

The 25th was showing as a change in Toronto.

All the flights within those date ranges are within £50 or so of each other depending on the day.

Good luck in your search
I'll check it out - thanks

stuart

Last edited by Stu-pot; Feb 16th 2009 at 12:35 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Right i see what your saying- its cheaper to book it as a return trip rather than one way then don't use the return flight.

stuart
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return flights are usually cheaper for some reason
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Hannahlou is just really niceHannahlou is just really niceHannahlou is just really niceHannahlou is just really niceHannahlou is just really niceHannahlou is just really niceHannahlou is just really niceHannahlou is just really nice

Hi,
We are flying with Air Canada on 4- 17 April, 3 adults 1 child, Direct flights from Heathrow to Halifax for £1500.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

lhcasssidy is an unknown quantity at this point

will be flying on the same flight as you Hannahlou but coming form Manchester first 2 adults (1 grumpy cos he won't be able to smoke) 2 children £2200
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lhcasssidy
will be flying on the same flight as you Hannahlou but coming form Manchester first 2 adults (1 grumpy cos he won't be able to smoke) 2 children £2200
The way our house sale is going we may also be on that flight via Manchester
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:08 pm
Nova Scotia

aid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really nice

oops gone in as OH
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:11 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future

Hi all - just a note to say we have returned from our Recce (unfortunately) and everything went far better and busier than we could have expected.

We have returned with job offer, bank account, offer on a property and a promise of a place at a school for our daughter The only problem is we havent stopped drinking the bubbly stuff since we got back

NS was everything and more that we hoped for and for all of you about to go on a recce, you wont be disappointed. We had beautiful sunshine, very cold days and even a snow storm

What we did get mostly out of our trip was the sincerity and kindness of the people and the feeling of warmth from everyone we met.

Lisa
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:14 pm
One life, Live it!

Siliconwombat is just really niceSiliconwombat is just really niceSiliconwombat is just really niceSiliconwombat is just really niceSiliconwombat is just really niceSiliconwombat is just really niceSiliconwombat is just really niceSiliconwombat is just really nice

Woohoo! Well done.... dont blame you for hitting the good stuff!!!

Wont be long till your living the dream now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.