Nova Scotia places similar to BC Gulf Islands but with people

Old Mar 25th 2014, 5:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nova Scotia places similar to BC Gulf Islands but with people

Originally Posted by Oink
Trhereweres a lot there's a lot smelly stuff
Wah!

I am supposed to be doing serious helpy 'stuff' but if you ever wish to come to NZ, you can stay here with us* & I will show you the smelly stuff...and the hippies.

* The polls did it for me.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sealaig
Won't let me quote you DandHill but I was in my house Sat night and has maybe a sprinkling of snow which has now melted, I am comparing our winters to my friends who live in SK, MB and AB. They have had a lot worse than us, Even ON suffered a lot this year. Yes we did get snow but for the last week and a bit I have seen my grass in my yard. My friends have seen -40's with no sign of the snow melting.
Here in Calgary, I haven't seen my grass since end of October!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Only in the last 2 days have I seen grass in my garden and don't expect to see it again for a few days following the storm expected tomorrow,
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

charlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Hubbards on the South Shore and love it. It is small, but nice community, some shops, a great farmers market in the summer and some restaurants. We are also only 30 mins to Halifax. I have skipped a few of the replies here, but were Chester and Mahone Bay mentioned as nice little towns. I think Mahone Bay would be a lovely place if you were retired.
Down towards Peggy's Cove is a bit isolated, although not far from the city. I work in Hacketts Cove, so know that area well. If any help is needed, feel free to PM me.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Again I have not receive a new posts email, so I have been away for a awhile. Thanks for all the replies.
I have convinced the husband to go with me to see Nova Scotia, and he is trying to get some time off work in June. We will have a good look see, and see some houses too. I will make sure we see all the places you suggest.
Our house here has to sell first, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Oh, and you can PM me with any house links you are not allowed to post.
I'd love to see them all.

Is there a university outside of Halifax? Like somewhere within striking distance of the Annapolis Valley.
Just in case I get out of here before I turn 60!...(7years away)

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 4th 2014 at 1:43 am. Reason: I merged your posts for you - if you need to add anything, you can do so by clicking 'edit' within 2 hours of posting :)
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
Hi all,
Again I have not receive a new posts email, so I have been away for a awhile. Thanks for all the replies.

I have convinced the husband to go with me to see Nova Scotia, and he is trying to get some time off work in June. We will have a good look see, and see some houses too. I will make sure we see all the places you suggest.

Is there a university outside of Halifax? Like somewhere within striking distance of the Annapolis Valley.
Good luck with the house sale and have a lovely visit to NS!

The only house link that a person cannot put in a post is one they are selling themselves. They are welcome to put the link in their signature and make mention of the fact.

There's a few Uni's around there.

Old Apr 4th 2014, 4:36 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Yes, there is Acadia University, in Wolfville. That would be the closest.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

Can I get some comments on the doctor, healthcare situation???
Old Apr 11th 2014, 5:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Can I get some comments on the doctor, healthcare situation???
http://novascotia.ca/dhw/physicians/

http://www.novascotia.ca/snsmr/life-...-resources.asp

Old Apr 13th 2014, 12:27 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to get away from the west coast style.... But thanks.
I think perhaps you should read the "Nova Scotia is sucking the life out of me" thread.

A small town in Canada is a small town in Canada.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Uh, oh.....
I will read that thread. No learning in the second kick of a mule....
Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, oh.....
I will read that thread. No learning in the second kick of a mule....
Thanks
The conclusion to that thread seems to be people can get bored of the place they are living wherever it is, especially if you haven't got much money for activities or holidays, it's not exclusive to Nova Scotia
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:41 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Can I recommend that you add Hubbards to your list of spots to visit and Chester. I think your budget would stretch to Chester and its 40 mins from Halifax (on highway), Hubbards is closer. Both are stunning locations. If you like to down there, a little further away again from Halifax is Mahone Bay.

Melmerby near New Glasgow is also a beautiful area but the beach is a good 15 mins drive from N Glasgow town so may not fit your criteria.

Good luck with this part of your adventure
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I think perhaps you should read the "Nova Scotia is sucking the life out of me" thread.

A small town in Canada is a small town in Canada.
Nova Scotia obviously isn't for veryone, but Delta I think you'd find life here a lot more active than where you are at the moment. Sure if you're moving from South East England and are used to lots going on then yes, it might seem dull, but there's definitely more going on than on your Gulf Island
The best thing is to do what you're doing - come and have a look. People's opinions are their own, better to make your own mind up!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

I've read, and Re read all the posts here. And I have found a forum with really horrible things to say about NS on another site. So I'm a bit scared now. Everyone was complaining about the water. I've lived with red water before, I'd rather not repeat that experience.......

But we have settled on 9-19 of June for having a look. Could you guys comment on a good intinery for us that would take in the places we might want to live in? Driving around in one direction?
1-1.5 hours from Halifax or closer.
Properties with ocean or river front with a few acres.
Reasonably close to a town with a Catholic Church and shops, resturants. Maybe near a university so I could get teacher certified?

I'm guessing near Halifax, Hubbards, Chester, Lunnenberg.
Upper Annapolis Valley?

Last edited by deltadeliquent; Apr 23rd 2014 at 9:58 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.