Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia LMO Timescales.

Nova Scotia LMO Timescales.

Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:43 pm
Nearly there! Tick, tock!

Erinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to all
Smile Nova Scotia LMO Timescales.

I got a couple of job offers approx. 6 weeks ago.

After much deliberation I opted for a company in Dartmouth, due to, amongst other things, better long term potential/prospects.

We had been told by one particular RDA, that covered one of the other job offers, that they could have an LMO approved within 15 days.

However, we are now 6/7 weeks down the line and my opted employer is telling me that all is not well on the LMO front!!!

I am now somewhat concerned that Halifax GP may not approve the LMO.

Can anyone advise me as to how long I should expect the LMO to take - only I cannot start my TWP application until I have the LMO.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:51 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia LMO Timescales.

My OH's LMO took 2 weeks to come back with a positive. 6/7 weeks seems like a long time for Nova Scotia but then maybe they are just busier now?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

my one was within a week but i think it was unusally quick , that said i am still waiting for my WP
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:03 pm

Erinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to all
Smile Re: Nova Scotia LMO Timescales.

It has unsettled me somewhat, as I was told by CIC to expect the LMO back between 5 and 10 days!!!

I really don't know what to make of it???
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Erinbrooke
It has unsettled me somewhat, as I was told by CIC to expect the LMO back between 5 and 10 days!!!

I really don't know what to make of it???
can your prospective employer help
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:08 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - you should get them to call the LMO office for an update and then they can report back to you.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:10 pm

As they are the ones applying for the LMO I don't suppose they can do any more than they already are.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

i know my boss phones the LMO department all the time,
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:16 pm

You could try calling the LMO office. Tell them your contact at the company that is employer you is away at the moment and you just wanted to see how it was coming along. They will either tell you or tell you to get lost! What have you got to loose?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Mine took a couple of weeks but doesn't it vary depending upon the job type? Mine was for nursing.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:51 pm

Mine is for Contracts Manager in construction.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:51 am

My partners was for a drywaller - so kind of the same field
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

hi there . i just got my LMO a few days ago. it took 8weeks for me and i'm in engineering.

my immigration consultant said the standard processing time at the moment for a nova scotia LMO is around 8 wks.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 5:50 pm

Smile Re: Nova Scotia LMO Timescales.

Has anyone got the contact details of the LMO office that would handle the Dartmouth area???

I still haven't heard back.

When i have sat and worked it out, I accepted the job offer on Monday 21st April, so working on the premise that the company applied sometime that week (lets say the Friday) it would be seven weeks, this week. If it wasn't until the week commencing April 28th it would be six weeks this week and so on.....

I am finding it very difficult to get some sense out of my potential employer - only that when I accepted his offer he told me they would do everything needed to get me over there!!!

I have spoken to the RDA for the Halifax area and she can't get a response from him either

Any advice would be appreciated................