Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia: Just Read This And Concerned

Nova Scotia: Just Read This And Concerned

Old Mar 18th 2013, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Cosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really niceCosmo1973 is just really nice
Default Re: Nova Scotia: Just Read This And Concerned

Thank you to all for replying, plenty of common sense answers! I am looking forward to coming out in April and seeing things for myself
Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:16 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

imagine a global convention of village idiots in one place
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

sandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to all

I guess it takes one to know one
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:07 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sandylns
I guess it takes one to know one
not bad mate ; straight out of the boys own book of 1970s comebacks
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:21 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

its another comment by someone who doesnt even live here
Old Mar 18th 2013, 11:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Howefamily
its another comment by someone who doesnt even live here
did live there

i thank you
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

did live there

i thank you
I live here now and I think it's the best summary of the locals I've ever heard.

Hilarious and spot on.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:11 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

did live there

i thank you
I feel myself wanting to say..........and which village were you the idiot of when you lived here?

but that one is from the Boys Own Book of 1960s comebacks.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jimmydean
I feel myself wanting to say..........and which village were you the idiot of when you lived here?

but that one is from the Boys Own Book of 1960s comebacks.
nice one jimmy - yes even more lame comeback - kind of heartbeat humour

see post above yours for back up to my view (opinion mind)

i appreciate the village idiot jibe may have offended some - so indeed apologies to all those with that particular want - i was aiming at the local populace more than the expats who have made it their home

some people are happy with the 'slower' pace of life

i was living in the heaving metropolis that is halifax, but had relatives up in the valley - which was nice

i could hardly have been considered in the village idiot class - not sure what the step up for a metro area would have been

i made it out just in time though...
Old Mar 19th 2013, 9:31 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidsk
After living here for almost 2 years, here is what I feel.

1. If you get a job you like, your life can be very nice here. If not, it is difficult to move as the opportunities are much less than big cities can give.
2. Depending on your taste, if you like theatres in big cities like London, New York or even Toronto, the productions here are not comparable. You can still see some small shows, but not Les Mis or Phantom of the Opera. Big stars never come here for a touring promotion.
3. The weather is way better than London, sunny, blue sky most of the time, even in winter. Yes, there is more snow here, but hey, how often are you outside in the winter? Half an hour a day perhaps. Put on a Canadian coat, it is not a big deal. Maybe you need to plow your driveway, but 5-6 times a winter I would say. It only costs $25 to get somebody to plow for you.
4. Nova Scotia is Canadian's Ocean playground. I love the slogan. Have you ever driven on a beach? If not, come to Nova Scotia, you can drive on it for miles. Many people own a boat. Yes, even those people who just earn regular salary. Cruise around in the sunny summer time. It is a joy.
5. Tax is higher than most provinces, but you are paying quality Oxygen and water here rather than CO2 and pollution.
6. The grocery is higher than big cities like London, Vancouver or Toronto, but the cheaper properties can give you much better quality of life here than living in those cities.
7. Hardly any traffic here. You have an extra hour of life every day here than living in big cities.
8. Many artists live here. Driving along the coastline or walking around those coastal trails, you will see why it attracts so many artists.
Point 5 above will never stop amusing me. And who drives on beaches?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Point 5 above will never stop amusing me. And who drives on beaches?
So if taxes were reduced would that mean a reduction in air quality too do you reckon?

I drove on the beach once, got stuck, took ages to get out - lesson learned
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:57 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by energysolutions
So if taxes were reduced would that mean a reduction in air quality too do you reckon?

I drove on the beach once, got stuck, took ages to get out - lesson learned
I fear that would be so. Long live cripplingly high taxes.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I fear that would be so. Long live cripplingly high taxes.
Oh dear, I`m headed to Alberta - a known "low taxation" region - should I take an oxygen tank and breathing apparatus with me?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:50 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by energysolutions
Oh dear, I`m headed to Alberta - a known "low taxation" region - should I take an oxygen tank and breathing apparatus with me?
Everyone wears aqualungs out there don'tcha know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.