Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia - but where?

Nova Scotia - but where?

Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Daisyboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nova Scotia - but where?

Thank you to everyone that responded to my previous message - unfortunately that thread has now been closed. As I said I'm still at the beginning of my application. I've read much of this site and have decided that Nova Scotia is probably the best place for me, mainly due to the milder climate. I've looked at lots of different towns but it is very hard to get an idea of a place from a few pictures.

I'm a townie, so don't want to live out in the sticks. I've lived near to the sea for most of my life so would prefer a place like that, and finally I am really into Drama so would have to be in an area with a local drama society. If anyone knows of a town that may fit this description please get back to me. I know that work will also play a large part in where I settle but if I find a suitable town I can start looking.

Thanks very much

Daisy x
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia - but where?

Ontheboatout will soon be around to tell you the north shore is were you are going to live.

:-)
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Daisyboo
Thank you to everyone that responded to my previous message - unfortunately that thread has now been closed. As I said I'm still at the beginning of my application. I've read much of this site and have decided that Nova Scotia is probably the best place for me, mainly due to the milder climate. I've looked at lots of different towns but it is very hard to get an idea of a place from a few pictures.

I'm a townie, so don't want to live out in the sticks. I've lived near to the sea for most of my life so would prefer a place like that, and finally I am really into Drama so would have to be in an area with a local drama society. If anyone knows of a town that may fit this description please get back to me. I know that work will also play a large part in where I settle but if I find a suitable town I can start looking.

Thanks very much

Daisy x
If you want a decent sized town by the sea you are pretty much restricted to the HRM which has quite a good "am dram" scene, throughout both Halifax & Dartmouth check out http://www.where.ca/halifax for links
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Daisyboo

Thanks very much

Daisy x
I guess your best bet would be to live in either Halifax or Dartmouth, they will have both of what you want.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:32 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
I guess your best bet would be to live in either Halifax or Dartmouth, they will have both of what you want.
Halifax. If you are a "townie" you will probably find everywhere else too small. Its on the sea (harbour) and has a fairly good arts and culture scene going on.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:22 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I would say Halifax area would be best for you too
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Halifax harpie will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Daisyboo;5791378]Thank you to everyone that responded to my previous message - unfortunately that thread has now been closed. As I said I'm still at the beginning of my application. I've read much of this site and have decided that Nova Scotia is probably the best place for me, mainly due to the milder climate. I've looked at lots of different towns but it is very hard to get an idea of a place from a few pictures.

Thanks very much

You might look at Bedford too. There is a drama group there
http://www.bedfordplayers.ns.ca/
You have the Bedford Basin close by too.
Are you sure you've checked out NS enough though? Your comment about the milder climate worried me. It's pretty cold here at the moment and we had quite a bit of snow again yesterday.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:36 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Halifax harpie
You might look at Bedford too. There is a drama group there
http://www.bedfordplayers.ns.ca/
You have the Bedford Basin close by too.
Are you sure you've checked out NS enough though? Your comment about the milder climate worried me. It's pretty cold here at the moment and we had quite a bit of snow again yesterday.
Yeah, its milder in winter than Alberta and Ontario but still down to -15 fairly often. Vancouver is really the place for mild winters.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Ontheboatout will soon be around to tell you the north shore is were you are going to live.

:-)
North Shore, or not the North Shore, that is the question....to die, to sleep, to sleep, perchance to dream....of fair Tatamagouche.

Definitely, the North Shore is where you should be!

Warm ocean, sunshine and drama, arts and culture in Tatamagouche. A new building at The Creamery Square is being built especially for it.

http://www.creamerysquare.ca/performingarts/

If you send me a private message I can give you a contact who is the Chair of the Arts and Drama Group.

http://www.tata.ns.ca/ is the town website.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
North Shore, or not the North Shore, that is the question....to die, to sleep, to sleep, perchance to dream....of fair Tatamagouche.

Definitely, the North Shore is where you should be!
Told you he'd be here
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Told you he'd be here
Took over 12 hours though. Losing interest I think. (no offence intended boatie)
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:00 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Nah forget NS and come to St John's, NL instead. More sea than you can possibly ever want, thriving arts and cultural community, friendly people yada yada. Think out of the box and onto the Rock!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:08 pm
Immigration Consultant

Told you he'd be here
Yes, no NS thread is complete these days without that invitation to send a PM to Onthetake
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NSpaul
Yes, no NS thread is complete these days without that invitation to send a PM to Onthetake

Perhaps he is applying for a job with the Chamber of Commerce! Or better yet the Tourist Bureau!

Actually the North shore is a very nice area, very pretty as well so I can see why he loves it.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

I hope you find the link useful Daisyboo.

http://www.creamerysquare.ca/performingarts/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.