Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia- a bit of advice please

Nova Scotia- a bit of advice please

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

spud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nova Scotia- a bit of advice please

I have a couple of questions hopefully not asked before.
Do you really need to take a copy of your Medical Records, our Doctor will charge £50 for each person so thats £200!
Driving Licences, firstly my Daughter passed her test April 2012, she is 18, will she be able to swap her Licence for a Canadian one and secondly, our Son has decided to come with us to Canada however he will have to come as a visitor and after three months we will apply under the Provincial Scheme, will he be able to swap his Licence on arrival or will he have to wait until he is accepted under the Provincial Scheme.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 3:25 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia- a bit of advice please

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/paal/rmv/paal269.asp
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't used our copy of the medical summary from the UK.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

spud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Siouxie, it looks like the Driving Licence's will be fine then for us all then.
Silverdragon 102, that was my thoughts from what i have read, unless you have young children or you have medical issues no real need to pay for copies of your records. Flights booked for 29th August so nearly there!
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Think you will find your daughter at 18 may have some restrictions on her license because of just passing her test and age
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

I did bring copies of our medical records (and a summary) but I haggled with the surgery over their charges. They wanted a per person charge. I can't remember what it was, but as there are 5 of us it was more than enough. On top of that, they wanted a 15p per page charge!! Yeah right! I asked if I could have the notes to copy them myself, they said no. But they did agree to copy them all for £75 total. Much better than the per page nonsense!!! So, if you want them, ask for a better price.........you never know.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Think you will find your daughter at 18 may have some restrictions on her license because of just passing her test and age
My son was just 18 when we moved last year. He swapped his license just like we did and has a bit fat N on it to show he is a new driver. He can get rid of that after a year I think it is.
As a new driver however you cannot drive between 11pm (or midnight can't remember) and 5am unless you get special permission if for example you work late...