Nova Scotia!

Old May 17th 2009, 11:42 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Nova Scotia!

Yay, I think hubbie and I have finally agreed on a starting point to where we might live in Canada. I am going to try to book us a couple of weeks in Nova Scotia so we can check out a few areas towards the end of the year. It was actually a friend of mine in Canada that highly recommended Nova Scotia but Halifax to be precise AND there are cheap flights to and from the UK for family and freinds to come and visit . We have a little boy so it would be important for us to live somewhere that is family orientated and where there is a school nearby. Being close to a beach would be an added bonus too We also want to be in an area where property prices are reasonable ($200000 max). Not asking for much am I lol?!

Can any of you advise on a few areas for us to check out on our trip?
Thanks in advance
Old May 17th 2009, 1:04 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia!

Herring Cove, ..but then I'm very biased..
Old May 17th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

talltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant futuretalltrucker2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
Herring Cove, ..but then I'm very biased..
hi have a look at bridgewater... its a very nice place and property is cheap, good luck
Old May 18th 2009, 6:57 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Guys Off to do some serious googling.....
Old May 18th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Musquodoboit Harbour. We have Martinique Beach at one end of the road and an ice rink and rec centre at the other. Our kids go to a brand new P9 school. We couldn't be happier about where we live.

For a more general overview of the size and location of communities in NS see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_Nova_Scotia

Of course, alot will depend on where you can get work. What kind of jobs are you looking for?
Old May 18th 2009, 6:19 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Of course, alot will depend on where you can get work. What kind of jobs are you looking for?
Thanks for the link Yeah, the job thing is a concern to me as we don't want to end up somewhere we will have difficulty in finding work. I am a Civil Engineer and my husband is a Restaurant Manager.