Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Notifying HM Revenue & Customs

Wikiposts

Notifying HM Revenue & Customs

Old May 11th 2011, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Notifying HM Revenue & Customs

Hi guys, I'm off to Canada at the end of June. Is there any benefit in notifying HM R&C that I'm not in the UK for the time being?

I'll initially be on a 1 year working holiday visa which will hopefully be replaced with PR (skilled worker which I'm currently waiting on), or failing that I'll be applying for PR again through Alberta's PNP.

Thanks

Last edited by rubberduckofdeath; May 11th 2011 at 11:06 pm.
Old May 12th 2011, 12:45 am
Banned

rob.blackie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notifying HM Revenue & Customs

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys, I'm off to Canada at the end of June. Is there any benefit in notifying HM R&C that I'm not in the UK for the time being?

I'll initially be on a 1 year working holiday visa which will hopefully be replaced with PR (skilled worker which I'm currently waiting on), or failing that I'll be applying for PR again through Alberta's PNP.

Thanks
It's always good to just give them a bell to tie up any lose ends. Are you self employed? If you are, I certainly would!
Old May 12th 2011, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all

Even if nothing official is needed, feel free to send them a bog-standard 'screw you' letter.

I do it every few months just to remind them what I think of their customer service. It famously took me 8 months to get a form from them last year, and around 30 phone calls as they have no idea what their useless carcasses are doing during their working day.

I can only dream that I was instead given the task of drawing blood from the world's biggest boulder as it would have been a million times easier, less stressful and I would have seen quicker results.
Old May 12th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/p85_p85s.htm

form p85 i believe