British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Not the most interesting question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/not-most-interesting-question-261175/)

timeo Oct 20th 2004 8:47 am

Not the most interesting question

As I said, not the most interesting question but...

Lightbulbs in canada...screw fitting of bayonet? Or both?

Can somebody let me know?

Thanks

Tim

CalgaryAMC Oct 20th 2004 10:09 am

Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by timeo

Lightbulbs in canada...screw fitting of bayonet? Or both?

Can somebody let me know?

Thanks

Tim

screw fittings only

timeo Oct 20th 2004 10:30 am

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
screw fittings only

Thank you kindly

Glaswegian Oct 20th 2004 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by timeo

Nope, but very concise and to the point :D

You could have asked:
Canadian lightbulbs: Are they as good as or just different from UK lightbulbs ... are there any pitfalls I should know about when bringing my lamps over? Will I be happier if I bring a supply of UK lightbulbs over and have my new home rewired to accomodate them?

More concise questions please ... everybody give Tim massive Karma :cool:

Rhodes Oct 20th 2004 12:47 pm

I don't seem to be able to give karma these days. Is it because no one has given it to me to distribute it to others?

Glaswegian Oct 20th 2004 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I don't seem to be able to give karma these days. Is it because no one has given it to me to distribute it to others?

Got a warm fuzzy feeling yet? I've just given you some karma.

Rhodes Oct 20th 2004 2:13 pm

That feels great. Thank you - and to the other two who gave me some. I still can't reciprocate, though.

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Got a warm fuzzy feeling yet? I've just given you some karma.

flashman Oct 20th 2004 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Nope, but very concise and to the point :D

You could have asked:
Canadian lightbulbs: Are they as good as or just different from UK lightbulbs ... are there any pitfalls I should know about when bringing my lamps over? Will I be happier if I bring a supply of UK lightbulbs over and have my new home rewired to accomodate them?

More concise questions please ... everybody give Tim massive Karma :cool:

You could have asked how many Canadians does it take to screw in a lightbulb. That would have opened a whole can of worms.

iaink Oct 20th 2004 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by flashman
You could have asked how many Canadians does it take to screw in a lightbulb. That would have opened a whole can of worms.

Depends if they are Canadians or just PRs! Without canadian experience of inserting lightbulbs it doesnt matter how many PRs there are, the only thing getting screwed is the PRs! Of course if its a llghtbulb in Toronto you just hold it still, and the world revolving around you will do the hard work:D

flashman Oct 20th 2004 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by iaink
Depends if they are Canadians or just PRs! Without canadian experience of inserting lightbulbs it doesnt matter how many PRs there are, the only thing getting screwed is the PRs! Of course if its a llghtbulb in Toronto you just hold it still, and the world revolving around you will do the hard work:D

See what I mean ;-). And that's just a start!

lee2 Oct 20th 2004 3:48 pm

How many British Columbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10 - one to screw in the lightbulb and 9 to share the experience.............

How many Torontonians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

2 - one to mix the drinks and one to call the electrician

hawkeye Oct 20th 2004 4:11 pm

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck. :D

iaink Oct 20th 2004 4:20 pm

And you say you've only been here 9 days! My, you are a fast learner:)

Originally Posted by hawkeye
A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck. :D

willmore Oct 20th 2004 4:23 pm

[QUOTE=lee2]How many British Columbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10 - one to screw in the lightbulb and 9 to share the experience.............

hehehe - very good - especially sharing the experience with a little BC bud

:D

flashman Oct 20th 2004 4:26 pm

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. Canadians don't change light bulbs, we accept them as they are.

A: None, they get an American to do it since they are so dammed proud they know how to do it.

Q :How many Canadians does it take to change a light bulb?
A: They got ELECTRICITY up there??