Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Northern Irish

Northern Irish

Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

6 limes has a spectacular aura about6 limes has a spectacular aura about6 limes has a spectacular aura about
Default Northern Irish

I dont think this has been asked recently but forgive me if it has.
Are there any folks from Northern Ireland in NS or hoping to move to NS in the future?
We're from Co Down, hoping to move within the next 18 months, if houses start selling again!!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:31 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Northern Irish

Originally Posted by 6 limes
I dont think this has been asked recently but forgive me if it has.
Are there any folks from Northern Ireland in NS or hoping to move to NS in the future?
We're from Co Down, hoping to move within the next 18 months, if houses start selling again!!
I'm sure they'll be along soon 6 limes, I live just outside Antrim but i'm heading to Ontario... We're just waiting on the house to sell too
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

davidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I'm sure they'll be along soon 6 limes, I live just outside Antrim but i'm heading to Ontario... We're just waiting on the house to sell too
Hey flirty and 6limes,

We're from lisburn, sale agreed on house so fingers crossed!!! and moving to calgary on twp can't wait!! hope all goes well with the house sales!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

sdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nicesdfharkin is just really nice

Originally Posted by davidshan
Hey flirty and 6limes,

We're from lisburn, sale agreed on house so fingers crossed!!! and moving to calgary on twp can't wait!! hope all goes well with the house sales!
HI All,
Were from Belfast and Hopefully heading for Halifax, NS. We have just sent the last of our docuuments to our Lawyers in Toronto who will be forwarding them to CIC London within the next two week.

Sean
Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

jonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sdfharkin
HI All,
Were from Belfast and Hopefully heading for Halifax, NS. We have just sent the last of our docuuments to our Lawyers in Toronto who will be forwarding them to CIC London within the next two week.

Sean

We're not waiting for the house to sell, we waited long enough for the PR's - we go on the 25th March, a tad fed up with time wasters viewing the property and expecting you to drop the price even more.. funnily enough when I first started the process (2005) i was going to buy a house and a flat with the sale of my place here, hey ho how things change !!

admittedly if we do possibly sell before the 25th, buying were we want to settle has like every where else suffered by price drops....

my last thing to do is to sort out this sillyness about NI driving lic.. I was told via someone in toronto that they do accept NI licences in exchange !! as what i've been led to believe differs from the forum..
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:13 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidshan
Hey flirty and 6limes,

Fantastic news David and Shan, Your very lucky with the market here....i hope it picks up for the rest of us

Good luck with the move
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:14 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by jonnieandmartina
We're not waiting for the house to sell, we waited long enough for the PR's - we go on the 25th March, a tad fed up with time wasters viewing the property and expecting you to drop the price even more.. funnily enough when I first started the process (2005) i was going to buy a house and a flat with the sale of my place here, hey ho how things change !!

admittedly if we do possibly sell before the 25th, buying were we want to settle has like every where else suffered by price drops....

my last thing to do is to sort out this sillyness about NI driving lic.. I was told via someone in toronto that they do accept NI licences in exchange !! as what i've been led to believe differs from the forum..
Hi Jonnieandmartina, Ontario won't accept our licences as valid (don't see why not)...it a pain in the ass
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:15 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by sdfharkin
HI All,

Sean
Good luck Sean, it will be worth the wait Good luck to you
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

jonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura aboutjonnieandmartina has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hi Jonnieandmartina, Ontario won't accept our licences as valid (don't see why not)...it a pain in the ass
the licences are a pain, simply as i now need to arrange a new one from across the water so to speak - not an issue just a bug bearer as our licence has and show a UK motif - i also had some fellow who emailed and said he had changed his NI one with No issues, however Im trying to track him down to see if it was merely "pub" talk..eitherway we are still on-route.....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Burt69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
A ballymena person here and now in NB i changed my licence no problem here.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - Kilkeel girl here - living in Saskatchewan - good luck all fellow Norn Iron people with the move - Canada's a great country!!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:29 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Burt69
Hi
A ballymena person here and now in NB i changed my licence no problem here.
Rub it in why don't ya.....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:31 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by jonnieandmartina
the licences are a pain, simply as i now need to arrange a new one from across the water so to speak - not an issue just a bug bearer as our licence has and show a UK motif - i also had some fellow who emailed and said he had changed his NI one with No issues, however Im trying to track him down to see if it was merely "pub" talk..eitherway we are still on-route.....
I think he's telling porkies .....but, i've a cunning plan that involves an Aunt in Liverpool...nudge nudge wink wink....say no more
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:58 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

When you all get to Toronto... great Guinness in here

http://www.allens.to/dora/
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:02 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Londonuck
When you all get to Toronto... great Guinness in here

http://www.allens.to/dora/
Cheers for that Londonuck,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.