Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

no more contributions from me

no more contributions from me

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down no more contributions from me

i'm going to stop with any helpful contributions at this point. I will still be posting socially. I am still happy to help with general contributions and suggestions.

This is a result of http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600902
I'm not in the mood to lose anything else I've worked at getting because anyone here decides to report it.

If I don't lose the motorcycle licence I may change my mind, but I don't see any point in risking anything I find like this.

Thank you Yorkie Lad.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: no more contributions from me

Oh dear....!

Yeah...Got to sympathise that is really annoying -although not done through malice!!

Really hope that you don't get noticed!!

Good luck/finger's crossed
L
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. Maybe not. either way there was no call to call them, as yorkie lad presumably either has his licence already taken away (if he's exchanged it) or not yet taken away (if he's still in the Uk)

Either way no reason to call.

And that does make it malice in my book. Pure and simple petty mindedness.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:21 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caitilin
Maybe. Maybe not. either way there was no call to call them, as yorkie lad presumably either has his licence already taken away (if he's exchanged it) or not yet taken away (if he's still in the Uk)

Either way no reason to call.

And that does make it malice in my book. Pure and simple petty mindedness.
Oh come on, don't be so childish.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

so lets see...someone decides to possibly cost me my licence, for no possible practical reason...and I'm being childish if I get upset. What, you expect me to roll over and say 'gee, thank you'?

If you want to call that childish, be my guest. Please, cut up your licence, don't reapply for it but retake the test and see how you feel. :curse:
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:32 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

so lets see...someone decides to possibly cost me my licence, for no possible practical reason...and I'm being childish if I get upset. What, you expect me to roll over and say 'gee, thank you'?

If you want to call that childish, be my guest. Please, cut up your licence, don't reapply for it but retake the test and see how you feel. :curse:
Be reasonable for goodness sakes.

You face the possibility of losing something you should never have been given in the first place. You were only entitled to a drivers licence for a car, not a motorcycle.

Someone asks legitimately if there has been a change in policy gets told no and we'll check into it and correct any errors if we find them, and you get all bent out of shape over it.

I don't understand?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but having read the thread I think your over reacting. Its a public forum where opinions can and will be challenged. Theres not a hint or rudeness or any malice that I can see.

i'm going to stop with any helpful contributions at this point. I will still be posting socially. I am still happy to help with general contributions and suggestions.

I'm not in the mood to lose anything else I've worked at getting because anyone here decides to report it.

If I don't lose the motorcycle licence I may change my mind, but I don't see any point in risking anything I find like this.

Thank you Yorkie Lad.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Sorry but having read the thread I think your over reacting. Its a public forum where opinions can and will be challenged. Theres not a hint or rudeness or any malice that I can see.
Ditto
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:56 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

I think you read it the wrong way Caitilin.

From what I read he phoned and asked if there was a change in policy they said no.

I don't think he reported you I think it was more of a warning to you in the sense that they may take it away in future as it was an error in their part.

That's how i read it anyway.

I hope you keep contributing to the forum.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice

Got to agree with the past few posts doesnt seem to be any confrontation or malice in any of the quoted thread. If I was you i would be more worried about a possable invalid licence hence invalid insurance, as i believe insurance companies the world over will try anything to not pay out. Maybe a little jet lagged is the reason for the short fuse
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

yorkie lad didn't call them to 'report' you. You are mis-interpreting his words. He's even giving you advice on the matter.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fine, I'll take the point that maybe there was no malice...I agree I was out of bounds there.

But the end result is still that I lose out.

Now, why should I try and be helpful? As I'm not seeing it.

As to advice? keeping my head down? its not like i'm going to go jumping up and down now is it?

Adn calling me childish is hardly unconfrontational either. 'be reasonable for goodness sake'...gee, thats a great way to validate that maybe i feel something different than you.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:31 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Fine, I'll take the point that maybe there was no malice...I agree I was out of bounds there.

But the end result is still that I lose out.

Now, why should I try and be helpful? As I'm not seeing it.

As to advice? keeping my head down? its not like i'm going to go jumping up and down now is it?

Adn calling me childish is hardly unconfrontational either. 'be reasonable for goodness sake'...gee, thats a great way to validate that maybe i feel something different than you.
How have you lost out?

Your post demonstrated that it is possible to be able to get someone to give you a M/C license.

You got advised by yorkie lad that you could end up losing the license if they caught their mistake. What you posted in terms of you getting the M/C license was the truth and I respect that. As md5037 said probably jet lag made you read it differently no harm done in my eyes.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes but at this point they have my UK motorcycle licence, and as it stood as per my post, I was going to get back a canadian car and motorcycle licence.

As it stands now, I don't see that happening. And otherwise I would have kept the original UK licence and taken the test here again so I could have at least ridden this summer (90 days to exchange the licence).

So I lose out by losing a summer of biking. Or the cost of the test. That may be peanuts to some of you, but I'm on a very tight budget, and its not an essential so I will probably end up just losing it.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

danniek will become famous soon enough

Thank you Yorkie Lad.
So. Here is my advice to you.

IF someone decides to relay the information to the Alberta Government, they must have particulars about the person. DOB, address, name etc. If they do not have all the details that are required, that report is considered frivolous.

So, stop stressing about someone from an anonymous forum ratting you out.

That being said, here is how it works. When you hand in your UK licence, it gets taken by the registry agent and put in a safe until the end of the week or end of the month depending on which office you are in. The office then sends it to the Alberta Government offices. Once they receive it, they go thru the service that was done on your licence to make sure it was done correctly. If they catch that it was done in error, they will contact you either by getting the registry to call you or mailing you a letter.

So, until that happens, dont worry about it.

I believe the phrase is: Let sleeping dogs lie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.