Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

No I-94 received when entering USA

No I-94 received when entering USA

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of
Default No I-94 received when entering USA

Do you know if it would be a problem if a British citizen did not receive an I-94 from American border guards when entering the states? Or, as a PR, does he need to receive one of these anymore? We entered the states yesterday and they didn't give him a green piece of paper or charge him the usual fee.

I can't see there being an issue, it was just very bizarre that they didn't give him an exit date/ entry record.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:02 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No I-94 received when entering USA

I've been issued them as a PR so I imagine he should. I believe they're valid for 90 days. I know if you still have a valid one they'll just wave you through most of the time without the need for the usual inquisition and $6 fee. Been to the US in the very recent past?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by orly
I've been issued them as a PR so I imagine he should. I believe they're valid for 90 days. I know if you still have a valid one they'll just wave you through most of the time without the need for the usual inquisition and $6 fee. Been to the US in the very recent past?
No we haven't been since December so we were fully prepared to get a new one. Oh well! Must have just been an error by the border guard that saved us $6!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 7:11 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Odd.

I'm pretty sure you need to hand them in when you leave the US so they can track when you exit (and to make sure you don't overstay). Can't think why anyone would want to overstay in the US though...awful place.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghunter
Do you know if it would be a problem if a British citizen did not receive an I-94 from American border guards when entering the states? Or, as a PR, does he need to receive one of these anymore? We entered the states yesterday and they didn't give him a green piece of paper or charge him the usual fee.

I can't see there being an issue, it was just very bizarre that they didn't give him an exit date/ entry record.
Did they stamp the passport? If they didn't issue one or collect the money then I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Did they stamp the passport? If they didn't issue one or collect the money then I wouldn't worry about it.
No stamp in the passport either.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghunter
No stamp in the passport either.
Don't worry about it.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Don't worry about it.
Excellent, thank you. I didn't think it was a huge deal it was just a bit odd so I wanted to make sure.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 1:42 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I-94s are electronic now, but it sounds to me as though they screwed up at the POE if they didn't even stamp the passport or charge the fee.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 2:49 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Just to be sure, we're you entering by air, sea or land?

If air: They should have stamped the passport but no need for the green bit of card
If others: Likely an error.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 6:12 pm
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by Steve_
I-94s are electronic now, but it sounds to me as though they screwed up at the POE if they didn't even stamp the passport or charge the fee.
Think the electronic ones are air/sea arrivals. Land crossing is separate.

At least I think that's what I read a few months ago about it.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hpka
Just to be sure, we're you entering by air, sea or land?

If air: They should have stamped the passport but no need for the green bit of card
If others: Likely an error.
We entered by land.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:13 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they made a mistake.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If I ask when entering would is likely annoy the officer if I asked for a stamp?

My passport is 5 years old already and not a single stamp, the US nor Canada ever stamps it, but I've never want to ask for one in fear of irritating the officer.

Its a US passport.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If I ask when entering would is likely annoy the officer if I asked for a stamp?

My passport is 5 years old already and not a single stamp, the US nor Canada ever stamps it, but I've never want to ask for one in fear of irritating the officer.

Its a US passport.
Well your a US citizen so no US stamp as you have right of abode there, and your a Canadian PR so you don't get one here either as technically you enter on your PR card not your pport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.