Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

No Health Insurance and I leave in 2 weeks ?HELP

No Health Insurance and I leave in 2 weeks ?HELP

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 11:20 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Health Insurance and I leave in 2 weeks ?HELP

Originally Posted by Chris2222
Thanks Aviator, Yeah the thing is I am really hoping to land a second year IEC visa, all of my work the past few days has been going in to getting everything printed and signed before I leave so that has been taking up alot of my time, trying to secure a second visa at the moment.So it has sort of took up alot of my time, I cant even get a flight out of Glasgow to Canada,I have to go to London so it has been eating away at my budget, I was just sure I heard alot of people go out there without a return flight and get insurance with certain companies.
Just be sure to know the policy T & C and comply with them, otherwise you could find yourself uninsured when you need it most. Nobidy has any trouble with an insurer until they try and make a claim and have not complied with or understood the terms of coverage.

If you have valid coverage and and IEC permit, a one way flight should not be a problem. Show the check in clerk your WP docs and you should be fine.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I've had no issues with either company, although I as yet haven't had to make any claims.

Both companies provide cover for people that take gap years and backpacker holidays... People who are off to see the world and don't have any concrete plans! They don't require to know when you're returning, but obviously the policy will have an end date, and you won't be covered from then on.

I found it way easier to use online because you basically just fill in all your information, then you're given the price, you say okay, fill in your credit details and then they email the policy/cert to you, usually within 48 hours. Print it out and have it on your person when you arrive in Canada.
Oh that sounds like what I am looking for, thats great thanks for the info Kuro,
Yeah when I phoned even after been giving a quote, I actually was more confused after speaking to her, first she couldnt understand my accent lol then all she did was put me on hold when ever a single very normal question was asked she just said wait a minute , ill go and ask someone lol.
Thanks again Kuro
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Aviator
Just be sure to know the policy T & C and comply with them, otherwise you could find yourself uninsured when you need it most. Nobidy has any trouble with an insurer until they try and make a claim and have not complied with or understood the terms of coverage.

If you have valid coverage and and IEC permit, a one way flight should not be a problem. Show the check in clerk your WP docs and you should be fine.
Thanks Aviator , yeah im be sure to check T @ C , thats what I m worried about them finding away to not pay out. And it seems that is what some companies might try and do.

Yeah I have all my docs and Visa, health Insurance is just the biggest last piece the puzzle I need. I'm goin to get this proper looked at over the weekend,

Thanks mate
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 2:07 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris2222
I am applying for a second year IEC visa so I may be out there for 2 years,
I may not find a job or apartment in 2 months So I could be back in 2 months or 2 weeks.
A flight would cost about £400 ,plus I cant even book a flight for January 2016 yet.
I dont know what area of Canada I may end up in, I think its quite normal for someone to not have a return flight on a WHV.
Originally Posted by Aviator
You can book 12 months in advance or you can buy an open return. Often returns are cheaper than one way tickets, especially on a sched. carrier.
This.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
This.
Cheers Pal
Old Jan 6th 2015, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Btw guys I ended up going with Holidaysafe and couldnt have gotten a better person on the phone she explained everything, brilliant. She even looked at my past qoute and she said that lot of the things I was told where wrong, serious things aswell, it was unfortunatly a trainne girl I got.
They accepted a Denist appointment for 2016. So thumbs up to them