Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

NNAS Timelines?

NNAS Timelines?

Old May 30th 2017, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

fletcn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NNAS Timelines?

Apologies for the hijack but @aja424 I see your qualification was not comparable. If you don't mind me asking what qualification is it that you have. What is comparable? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fletcn; May 30th 2017 at 8:02 pm.
Old May 31st 2017, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aja424
Yes I intend on doing the course via John Collins. Will be interesting to see how a Canadian College oversees a U.K nurse on placement in the U.K.
The 2 modules that will need to be completed beforehand are through Douglas College based in B.C.
It's all online, similar set-up to the Open University.

I have to reach a decision before 4 June.
Since starting NNAS my wife's eldest daughter has fell pregnant and given birth to her first baby. Middle daughter due with her first baby in October.
Testing time at the moment. Off to Florida on Tuesday, and will have this time to make decisions.

That isn't an easy time, I hope you found some relaxation in Florida!

Good luck with whatever you decide. Thank you for putting the dates up of your process so far, it's a good indicator for others yet to do the process.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fletcn
Apologies for the hijack but @aja424 I see your qualification was not comparable. If you don't mind me asking what qualification is it that you have. What is comparable? Thanks in advance.
I have a Diploma of Higher Education in Mental Health Nursing. I qualified at the end of 2014 so course content up to date.

Maybe if your qualification is more recent and a degree then you can be hopeful for a 'somewhat comparable'.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
That isn't an easy time, I hope you found some relaxation in Florida!

Good luck with whatever you decide. Thank you for putting the dates up of your process so far, it's a good indicator for others yet to do the process.
I have decided to go for it and informed CRPNBC earlier today that I wish to proceed with application.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aja424
I have decided to go for it and informed CRPNBC earlier today that I wish to proceed with application.

Great news! Good luck with it
Old Aug 15th 2017, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

farjosh1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried this in 2010 and then it took a long time and nothing happened. I paid monies etc and never progressed. I was dealing direct with https://www.crpnbc.ca and got my papers verified with another verifying body that they directed me to only for them to have personnel issues and never complete my registration. New person who took over expected me to start the whole process again and I gave up.

Thinking of restarting the process again. Any advise?? How much does this all cost now??
Old Aug 15th 2017, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farjosh1
I tried this in 2010 and then it took a long time and nothing happened. I paid monies etc and never progressed. I was dealing direct with https://www.crpnbc.ca and got my papers verified with another verifying body that they directed me to only for them to have personnel issues and never complete my registration. New person who took over expected me to start the whole process again and I gave up.

Thinking of restarting the process again. Any advise?? How much does this all cost now??
Going to be expensive. You have to go through NNAS first that is approx $650 then you have to pay provincial fees and after all that pay to sit NCLEX, as long as your deemed comparable and finally nursing license