Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

NNAS Timelines?

NNAS Timelines?

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Shelley Bean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NNAS Timelines?

Just wondering whether anyone's had recent experiences with NNAS and how long their reports took.
Been waiting 8 months now for my husband's report - 8 months since it was marked as Ready for Assessment. After a year of gathering all the necessary paperwork etc which was a massive undertaking in itself. Feeling pretty demoralised about the whole thing.
He has phoned up at regular intervals to chase and they always say they will give him an update in a couple of days - they never do.
Is it just him or is anyone else stuck?
Old Jan 5th 2017, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NNAS Timelines?

Hi.
My application has been 'Ready for review' for a couple of months now. I'm also getting very frustrated by the whole process, especially when you consider that there will likely be a bridging course and examinations to complete.
Which province have you allied for?. I'm a Psychiatric Nurse and originally applied for Alberta, but have recently added B.C as they appear to be much more helpful in the whole process.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aja424
Hi.
My application has been 'Ready for review' for a couple of months now. I'm also getting very frustrated by the whole process, especially when you consider that there will likely be a bridging course and examinations to complete.
Which province have you allied for?. I'm a Psychiatric Nurse and originally applied for Alberta, but have recently added B.C as they appear to be much more helpful in the whole process.
Yes my husband is also a Psychiatric Nurse, also applied for both BC and Alberta, and anticipating that he will need to do the bridging programme. We had some progress this week, after two phone calls and a complaint email they have told him that he's under final review (quality checks etc) and we should have a report next week. It will be nearly two years since we started the process and it's barely a start even when we get the report! I'd suggest ringing them constantly. They never really gave an explanation for the delay (whether it was him specifically or just an overall delay for everyone) but at the start we were told 6 weeks! Very frustrating. I'll keep you posted on this, and on how the next stages go as our situations seem to be similar.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

My girlfriend has to do this process, it sounds like a nightmare!
Old Jan 13th 2017, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Some progress - after several phone calls and a complaint email last week, the NNAS report was finally issued. Education was overall deemed "somewhat comparable" (he did a Mental Health Nursing postgraduate diploma) Application to BC has been attempted - he filled in a form on their website, in response they emailed him to ask him to fill in the very same form. Sigh... not the best start to the next stage!

Nonetheless, being done with NNAS is a huge relief. Advice to everyone would be to badger them! Get a timeline estimate, then call and email relentlessly if they miss it. Good luck!
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shelley Bean
Some progress - after several phone calls and a complaint email last week, the NNAS report was finally issued. Education was overall deemed "somewhat comparable" (he did a Mental Health Nursing postgraduate diploma) Application to BC has been attempted - he filled in a form on their website, in response they emailed him to ask him to fill in the very same form. Sigh... not the best start to the next stage!

Nonetheless, being done with NNAS is a huge relief. Advice to everyone would be to badger them! Get a timeline estimate, then call and email relentlessly if they miss it. Good luck!
Thanks for posting an update Shelley, appreciate it!
It's a shame it's taken so long to get past the NNAS, I imagine it was hard to complain due to worries they'd then look unfavourably on your application, that's what I'd be worried about anyway, but it sounds like it has gone ok.

That isn't the best start with BC but hopefully it's not as long as NNAS. Please post updates on how things go with BC, I don't think many on the forum have done the new system and I know my girlfriend will be interested to see how things go.

Good luck!
Old Jan 15th 2017, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Are you not applying for Alberta as well?
If the process for BC is pretty much similar to Alberta, which one will you choose?
The price of property in and around Vancouver is just totally ridiculous, including Maple Ridge and Surrey etc. Kamloops looks nice though and a liveable climate.
Property around the Calgary area looks excellent value, only issue is that a job appears more difficult to obtain.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 2:36 am
Just Joined

rbabs2109 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just submitted my application and called them to see a current timeline, they told me 8 weeks.

Has anyone had a short time line? Does anyone know why they have taken so long?
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

I have been ready for review for close to 9 weeks.
I'm sure everyone at work must think I'm attention seeking and have no intentions of leaving for Canada!
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rbabs2109
I've just submitted my application and called them to see a current timeline, they told me 8 weeks.

Are you thinking 8 weeks is long? If it's genuinely only 8 weeks, then that's a huge amount quicker than it used to be - a quick search of the forum to find posts by people like TiryTory will tell you that a year or more was the standard before! So if they've got it down to 8 weeks that's a huge improvement.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 4:54 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are you thinking 8 weeks is long? If it's genuinely only 8 weeks, then that's a huge amount quicker than it used to be - a quick search of the forum to find posts by people like TiryTory will tell you that a year or more was the standard before! So if they've got it down to 8 weeks that's a huge improvement.
Although I came through pre NNAS, I don't know whether that makes it better or worse, since after NNAS applicants then need to submit to their provincial body...
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Are you not applying for Alberta as well?
If the process for BC is pretty much similar to Alberta, which one will you choose?
The price of property in and around Vancouver is just totally ridiculous, including Maple Ridge and Surrey etc. Kamloops looks nice though and a liveable climate.
Property around the Calgary area looks excellent value, only issue is that a job appears more difficult to obtain.
The BC application went in over the weekend (they got back to him with the correct link) and they've said it will take 7 working days to get back to him so fingers crossed we have a definitive answer soon!

He decided to hold off on Alberta until we see how the BC application goes as a) the applications are expensive and b) as you say there isn't as much recruitment into Alberta whereas BC has healthmatchbc.ca and seems more of a safe bet for employment so it's our top choice. You're right about Vancouver prices, but it seems to be where most of the international recruitment is focused - I think all being well we'd go there for a year or two and explore until we found somewhere to focus on settling.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rbabs2109

My husband was initially told 8 weeks and then it was 8 months. But we don't know why - they never explained. It may be that they had to do some validation or make further enquiries with his university, employers, etc that were specific to his application. So it could be 8 weeks for someone else. Just keep chasing!
Old Jan 31st 2017, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Just got my NNAS report. Not comparable. Absolutely gutted.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just got my NNAS report. Not comparable. Absolutely gutted.
They appear to have been much quicker doing yours that others have been. Very sorry to hear the result though! I bet that is hard :s
Have they suggested anything you can do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.