Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

niagara on the lake

Wikiposts

niagara on the lake

Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice
Default niagara on the lake

Has anyone ideas on living in NOTL I fancy moving to there when we finally get to Canada, The house prices seem to be favorable and I am retired so Iwont be looking for work which might be a problem for a younger person.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 11:50 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: niagara on the lake

Visited there many times - it's beautiful. It's a 'must see' for anyone visiting the Falls.

Only thing that may bother you is all the tourists during the summer months but they tend to stick to the main street. Great for the economy though
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Ya full of tourists but living on the edge of town would be nice. Something going on all the time and it would be nice to meet the people on holiday,sit and have a coffee and past the day away.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big ron
Ya full of tourists but living on the edge of town would be nice. Something going on all the time and it would be nice to meet the people on holiday,sit and have a coffee and past the day away.
only one thing to say about this place........AMAZING!!!!!!
I would love to retire here one day aswell
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:32 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit weathery, wouldn't it be?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Bit weathery, wouldn't it be?
The missus and I were there last week, and asked a couple of locals about the winter conditions. They claim it's not bad.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

I was there in Dec last year and spend a few days there (getting married) and yes it was snowy and cold - but it all adds to the beauty of the place!! its no colder or worse than other places I have been in winter (inside ontario)
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:19 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

We were there yesterday - I love it! beautiful, clean, quaint, perfectly manicured - perfect spot!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethnock
its no colder or worse than other places I have been in winter (inside ontario)

I'm sure it's no worse than other places I've been in winter (inside Ontario). However, I get heartily sick of having to spend half an hour on the tractor each time I want to get out of the driveway. Others may not mind but those who do might want to look into "lake effect snow" and exactly where it falls.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Think Iwill do what the bear's do stuff my guts in summer and hibernate in the winter then the wife will have to clear the snow
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:54 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Think Iwill do what the bear's do stuff my guts in summer and hibernate in the winter then the wife will have to clear the snow
You may be better off believing what dbd told you.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

We get about 66" of snow per winter, that imo, is lots. Niagara on the Lake gets 59. (Statistics from the Weather Network). It'll be far from an even distribution so being trapped for a couple of days is a realistic possibility (the government says one should always be ready for 72 hours without power).

Neither of these numbers are brutal for Ontario but they do, I think, go some way toward explaining why Canadians avoid Canada in the winter whenever possible.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Bill_S
The missus and I were there last week, and asked a couple of locals about the winter conditions. They claim it's not bad.
They would, wouldn't they?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

You have convinced me, I think I will settle in Hawaii instead
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:34 am
Assimilated Pauper

You have convinced me, I think I will settle in Hawaii instead
Live in Niagara on the Lake in the summer, join your neighbours in Hawaii, Arizona, Mexico or Florida in the winter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.