Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

NI - NB - we have arrived!!!

NI - NB - we have arrived!!!

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NI - NB - we have arrived!!!

Originally Posted by sinurt
thanks for that David Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday and it was great meeting everyone.

To Lynne (Beastie) and Welshmountie just make sure to come out in time for a Newcomers event

Sinead
If my memory is correct the Newcomers Night is the last Saturday of the month in which case our timing is perfect We land on Tuesday 22nd July, Newcomers Saturday 26th. No doubt either you or Dave+Jules will let me know if I've worked the date out incorrectly.

Lynne
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

dudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant futuredudlek has a brilliant future

Hi Lynne

We're in shropshire too - see you're off soon, best of luck.

Kath
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:12 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beastie
If my memory is correct the Newcomers Night is the last Saturday of the month in which case our timing is perfect We land on Tuesday 22nd July, Newcomers Saturday 26th. No doubt either you or Dave+Jules will let me know if I've worked the date out incorrectly.

Lynne
My marketing seems to be paying off. Last Saturday of the month is Lunar Rogue "pub night" we have other Newcomer club events throughout the month. July 26th should be a good night at the "Rogue"!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice

thanks for that David Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday and it was great meeting everyone.

To Lynne (Beastie) and Welshmountie just make sure to come out in time for a Newcomers event

Sinead
If (when?) we come out in May we shall do our best to coincide with Newcomer's club. Thanks.

Maybe Dave can tell us what he has on throughout May so that we can take our choice of dates?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:25 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshmountie
If (when?) we come out in May we shall do our best to coincide with Newcomer's club. Thanks.

Maybe Dave can tell us what he has on throughout May so that we can take our choice of dates?
I will add you to the mailing list then you will get the information.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice
Smile Re: NI - NB - we have arrived!!!

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
I will add you to the mailing list then you will get the information.
Much appreciated Dave.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Hi All,

Well we have made it to Fredericton, NB. We arrived last Wednesday, have rather limited internet access in the apt so haven't been able to post sooner.
We picked up our WP's in Halifax, no major problems, she just took ages as my immigration lawyer had used to wrong NOC code in the letter so they had to find another one to use!! Everyone was very friendly though and she apologised for keeping us waiting
Have to say Fredericton is lovely and everyone we have met so far is very friendly. The snow drifts are incredible though, never seen so much snow in my life

Chat soon ,

Sinead
Congratulations and Welcome to Canada!

Canadian Tire / Wal-Mart etc will probably be having a sale on shovels / pushers and snow blowers before long!!

Best of luck.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Canadian Tire / Wal-Mart etc will probably be having a sale on shovels / pushers and snow blowers before long!!

There you go, Dave you can have your snowblower and at a reduced price

Lynne
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:23 pm
Happy in NB

There you go, Dave you can have your snowblower and at a reduced price

Lynne
Hmmmm, I will wait until everyone who brought them this winter decides to sell them so they can go on summer holidays Watch the Yard Sales in July!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

What you doing on here at this time of day? Shouldn't you be at work earning pennies for your snowblower?

Have just said goodbye to another shipping company and we're sat having a cuppa before going out for a stroll round local NT property.

Lynne
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:29 pm
Happy in NB

What you doing on here at this time of day? Shouldn't you be at work earning pennies for your snowblower?

Have just said goodbye to another shipping company and we're sat having a cuppa before going out for a stroll round local NT property.

Lynne
Working from home this week so I can multi task between writing a presentation and keeping some sanity on here
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh, I'm sorry Jules I assumed it was Dave posting. As soon as I read you were multi-tasking knew I'd got it wrong as men can't multi-task

Lynne
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Hmmmm, I will wait until everyone who brought them this winter decides to sell them so they can go on summer holidays Watch the Yard Sales in July!
Now that sounds like a plan!

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:46 pm
Happy in NB

Oh, I'm sorry Jules I assumed it was Dave posting. As soon as I read you were multi-tasking knew I'd got it wrong as men can't multi-task

Lynne
cough cough, it is I not she who is multi-tasking today