British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   NI - NB - we have arrived!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/ni-nb-we-have-arrived-525514/)

sinurt Mar 30th 2008 1:21 pm

NI - NB - we have arrived!!!

Hi All,

Well we have made it to Fredericton, NB. We arrived last Wednesday, have rather limited internet access in the apt so haven't been able to post sooner.
We picked up our WP's in Halifax, no major problems, she just took ages as my immigration lawyer had used to wrong NOC code in the letter so they had to find another one to use!! Everyone was very friendly though and she apologised for keeping us waiting :D
Have to say Fredericton is lovely and everyone we have met so far is very friendly. The snow drifts are incredible though, never seen so much snow in my life :D

Chat soon :thumbsup:,

Sinead

Tangram Mar 30th 2008 1:26 pm

Re: NI - NB - we have arrived!!!

Originally Posted by sinurt (Post 6132225)
Hi All,

Well we have made it to Fredericton, NB. We arrived last Wednesday, have rather limited internet access in the apt so haven't been able to post sooner.
We picked up our WP's in Halifax, no major problems, she just took ages as my immigration lawyer had used to wrong NOC code in the letter so they had to find another one to use!! Everyone was very friendly though and she apologised for keeping us waiting :D
Have to say Fredericton is lovely and everyone we have met so far is very friendly. The snow drifts are incredible though, never seen so much snow in my life :D

Sinead

Welcome to Snow-world.

Elaine B. Mar 30th 2008 2:16 pm

Hi All,

Sinead

Hi Sinead

Welcome to Canada:thumbsup:

CurtNIR Mar 30th 2008 4:27 pm

Hey, well done you made it. Now enjoy yourself :thumbup:

The4BellsLondon Mar 30th 2008 4:43 pm

Yay - well done - keep us updated :)

AmyDavid Mar 31st 2008 12:56 am

Welcome to Canada! I hope you are having a great time and continue to do so!:D

Lorna_D Mar 31st 2008 4:16 pm

WELCOME TO CANADA :thumbup:

AlvicBC Mar 31st 2008 5:19 pm

Hi All,

Sinead

Your're here at last, welcome bet your glad now you didnt go to all that horrible sunshine in OZ:rofl:

sinurt Mar 31st 2008 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by AlvicSK (Post 6137745)
Your're here at last, welcome bet your glad now you didnt go to all that horrible sunshine in OZ:rofl:

LOL :rofl: actually i'm very glad and my wee boy just loves the snow too :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the welcomes too guys it is really great to be here, my new job is going well too which is a relief. :D

Sinead

welshmountie Apr 2nd 2008 3:54 pm

Hi All,

Sinead

Well done Sinead. Glad to hear you are getting good experiences from the start. I just hope that we too make it there this year. Keep us posted. :D

Beastie Apr 2nd 2008 6:00 pm

Glad to hear things are going well. Will hopefully have the opportunity to meet up when we land in July.

Lynne

destinationnovascotia Apr 2nd 2008 6:50 pm

Congratulations. Enjoy your new life.

Dave+Jules Apr 2nd 2008 7:44 pm

Glad you finally arrived :D and thanks for coming out on Sunday!

I am sure you will enjoy it, wait for the summer!

PS if you want to see Sinurt and family check out my last blog entry. They are on the far left of the photo!

sinurt Apr 2nd 2008 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules (Post 6149331)
Glad you finally arrived :D and thanks for coming out on Sunday!

I am sure you will enjoy it, wait for the summer!

PS if you want to see Sinurt and family check out my last blog entry. They are on the far left of the photo!

:eek: thanks for that David :rofl: Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday and it was great meeting everyone. :thumbsup:

To Lynne (Beastie) and Welshmountie just make sure to come out in time for a Newcomers event :rofl:

Sinead

dudlek Apr 2nd 2008 10:55 pm

Well I am so jealous Sinead, and congrats on your arrival in NB. We are still awaiting a TWP to start the ball rolling on our way to Fredericton in Aug 08 - we hope!!

Can you tell me what you think of Fredericton from a newcomer perspective pls?

Which part did you decide to live in as that is my first problem to overcome?

Thanks for any info

Kath