NEXUS update

Old Nov 30th 2021, 8:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS update

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well what a day. Left at 7am so we would be there for 12.45 apt. Office closed, no one around to ask. Go on line next apt July.

Get to Canadian border kiosk ‘do you have arrive can’? Whaaaat??? 14 days quarantine without it

The nice Imm Officer said park over there and download the app then take it into the Imm Office. We did this and were given the OK

GOXIT make sure you have the app. You also need to upload you vax passport and pcr test

Lots of people sat in their cars trying to get it sorted as they knew nothing about it
It's been well publicised that everyone entering Canada must have the ArriveCan app together with the results of their test and vaccine record.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html
Old Nov 30th 2021, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Am I allowed to laugh?
Yes. We were OK sorting it out but some older people were there and they hadn’t got a clue.

Re the Nexus interview…I had a printout of the appointment with me…stating time, date and location.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Well what a day. Left at 7am so we would be there for 12.45 apt. Office closed, no one around to ask. Go on line next apt July.

Get to Canadian border kiosk ‘do you have arrive can’? Whaaaat??? 14 days quarantine without it

The nice Imm Officer said park over there and download the app then take it into the Imm Office. We did this and were given the OK

GOZIT make sure you have the app. You also need to upload you vax passport and pcr test

Lots of people sat in their cars trying to get it sorted as they knew nothing about it
Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to call ahead to verify the office is indeed open. This is the email I got indicating US centres would be accepting appts as of the 29.

Let me know if you get anywhere calling CBP or CBSA.

Its good they were lenient re: arrivecan. I've heard of some being forced to quarantine not being given the option to turn around and go back. But yes it is needed for all entries land and air which is a little dumb IMO for a 1 day land crossing but what to do.

Did you guys have to get tested? I thought now there is no pcr test for less then 72 hrs trip.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 6:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to call ahead to verify the office is indeed open. This is the email I got indicating US centres would be accepting appts as of the 29.

Let me know if you get anywhere calling CBP or CBSA.

Its good they were lenient re: arrivecan. I've heard of some being forced to quarantine not being given the option to turn around and go back. But yes it is needed for all entries land and air which is a little dumb IMO for a 1 day land crossing but what to do.

Did you guys have to get tested? I thought now there is no pcr test for less then 72 hrs trip.
Yes we got tested because we wanted to make doubly sure.

CP24 reported this morning that there are long lines at the Canadian borders, due to people not knowing about ArriveCan. We always use Whirlpool as it is NEXUS only and there is never a wait either way. Yesterday there was a long line coming back due to this.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we got tested because we wanted to make doubly sure.

CP24 reported this morning that there are long lines at the Canadian borders, due to people not knowing about ArriveCan. We always use Whirlpool as it is NEXUS only and there is never a wait either way. Yesterday there was a long line coming back due to this.
Did you get a free test from the hospital or actually pay for one? And interesting to know ok. When was your actual appt day? Was it Monday 29?
Old Dec 1st 2021, 7:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Did you get a free test from the hospital or actually pay for one? And interesting to know ok. When was your actual appt day? Was it Monday 29?
paid $40 ea Shoppers
Apt was 30th
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paid $40 ea Shoppers
Apt was 30th
Tks...somehow I fear with all this Omicron crap I won't be going across for my interview
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 8:40 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't there online interviews? I'm sure the website says something about that
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 8:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by bats
Yes there are but there were non available
Old Dec 4th 2021, 1:10 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Figures
Old Dec 6th 2021, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bats
Yep, I keep checking for Zoom availabillity, but none are ever available. My theory on this is that some types of interviews are inelgible for an online one and they want you to appear in person. Mine and JG's must be marked as such.

JG - did you ever get an answer as to why no one showed up for your scheduled appt, and did you get it rescheduled?
Old Dec 6th 2021, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BTW - you are lucky they let you pull over and complete arrivecan. I was watching the news last night and there was an Ottawa group of friends who were having issues with the app not loading, figured they could get to the border and explain themselves, but instead were issued a quarantine order with no sympathy from the officer.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 2:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yep, I keep checking for Zoom availabillity, but none are ever available. My theory on this is that some types of interviews are inelgible for an online one and they want you to appear in person. Mine and JG's must be marked as such.

JG - did you ever get an answer as to why no one showed up for your scheduled appt, and did you get it rescheduled?
No and I don’t expect to.
BTW - you are lucky they let you pull over and complete arrivecan. I was watching the news last night and there was an Ottawa group of friends who were having issues with the app not loading, figured they could get to the border and explain themselves, but instead were issued a quarantine order with no sympathy from the officer.
I think we must have been one of the first to come back to Canada last Tuesday. By the time we had sorted it out there were a lot of cars in the car park and a long line on the bridge.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

https://www.cp24.com/news/travellers...rder-1.5696005
Old Dec 7th 2021, 11:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

How very odd. This morning I have received email approval of my renewal. Last week I wrote and complained about the non existent appointment I went for last week. I didn’t expect to get a reply. I suppose the renewal notification is the reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.