NEXUS update

Old Nov 16th 2021, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEXUS update

As of Nov 29 US centres will be accepting interviews...I scored an appt for Jan 15th in Niagara Falls NY.
Old Nov 16th 2021, 1:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS update

It is almost 2 years ago since I applied for my new NEXUS card…still haven’t received it.
Old Nov 16th 2021, 8:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have an appointment for 30th November in the US. Odd that I should have to have an interview for renewal, when my husband didn’t. His new card just appeared in the mail.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 12:58 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have an appointment for 30th November in the US. Odd that I should have to have an interview for renewal, when my husband didn’t. His new card just appeared in the mail.
Did you originally get it in the US?

I had to go to Pearson when I got mine.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by JamesM

Yes, when we lived in the US. We had to go to Pearson for the change of address when we moved to TO. We went to the US and Canada office either side of the Whirlpool Bridge (crossing we usually use) when we renewed our US PP….simply because we were crossing the border at the time. The only available apt for months was in the US and I am fast running out of renewal dates. Odd that hubby received a new NEXUS card in the mail, but I have to attend an interview.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM

Is there something against a Canadian attending their interview in the US? I booked mine for the US side because that's the only place I could get an appt. I still don't think the CBP officers are crossing into Canada yet for this purpose, but CBSA officers are crossing to the US.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep it seems to be random whether they select you or not.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 2:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Gozit
Is there something against a Canadian attending their interview in the US? I booked mine for the US side because that's the only place I could get an appt. I still don't think the CBP officers are crossing into Canada yet for this purpose, but CBSA officers are crossing to the US.
I don’t know. When we changed address we went to Pearson and we were interviewed by both US and Canadian officers. When we renewed our US PP, we had to go to the offices at both sides of the border to,update the new details. Again we were interviewed by officers from both countries. I couldn’t get an appointment in Canada before the date of the extended expiry date…that’s the reason I am going to the US. I presume Canadian officers will be there too.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don’t know. When we changed address we went to Pearson and we were interviewed by both US and Canadian officers. When we renewed our US PP, we had to go to the offices at both sides of the border to,update the new details. Again we were interviewed by officers from both countries. I couldn’t get an appointment in Canada before the date of the extended expiry date…that’s the reason I am going to the US. I presume Canadian officers will be there too.
I don't feel like it's gonna be an issue now that the border is open to cross. I am in a few travel groups on FB and there are a few others crossing to US for interviews.

My membership expires in Jan, so I think that means I have 2 years on the extended expiry until 2024, but I wasn't sure if I was going to get issues using an expired card, want to be renewed before expiry. Then this will line up my next renewal nicely for when I have to renew my Canadian passport, so I can get it scanned in for global entry etc at the same time.

You needed an interview for just a regular address change? Or was that because you moved from the US to here? I just moved last month...i updated my mail-to address on the TTP portal, not sure if theres anything else I need to do, was just going to mention it in my interview.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 3:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I don't feel like it's gonna be an issue now that the border is open to cross. I am in a few travel groups on FB and there are a few others crossing to US for interviews.

My membership expires in Jan, so I think that means I have 2 years on the extended expiry until 2024, but I wasn't sure if I was going to get issues using an expired card, want to be renewed before expiry. Then this will line up my next renewal nicely for when I have to renew my Canadian passport, so I can get it scanned in for global entry etc at the same time.

You needed an interview for just a regular address change? Or was that because you moved from the US to here? I just moved last month...i updated my mail-to address on the TTP portal, not sure if theres anything else I need to do, was just going to mention it in my interview.
I will try to remember to ask at my appointment. My card expired almost 2 years ago. Hubby’s expired 6 mths before mine. As I said he received a new card in the mail. I assumed I would too and that the delay was because of Covid. Thanks to your thread…it prompted me to investigate.

I don’t know whether it was because we had moved to Canada. Maybe they think I am a dodgy character.

Old Nov 18th 2021, 1:01 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, when we lived in the US. We had to go to Pearson for the change of address when we moved to TO. We went to the US and Canada office either side of the Whirlpool Bridge (crossing we usually use) when we renewed our US PP….simply because we were crossing the border at the time. The only available apt for months was in the US and I am fast running out of renewal dates. Odd that hubby received a new NEXUS card in the mail, but I have to attend an interview.
Speaking of the devil. I received an email from them this afternoon saying what you all are. Currently these interviews are only being done in the US and their Canada stations remain closed.

The good news is I checked my NEXUS card and it's good till April 2024. Phew!
Old Nov 18th 2021, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW I had my initial NEXUS interview at Birch Bay in US.
Old Nov 18th 2021, 5:32 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of booking my daughters interview in Blaine. It’s now my nearest nexus centre anyway.

Also need to update my address (can only update mailing address online)

and as the PCR test is due to be scrapped for trips less then 72 hours then why not…
Old Nov 30th 2021, 6:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well what a day. Left at 7am so we would be there for 12.45 apt. Office closed, no one around to ask. Go on line next apt July.

Get to Canadian border kiosk ‘do you have arrive can’? Whaaaat??? 14 days quarantine without it

The nice Imm Officer said park over there and download the app then take it into the Imm Office. We did this and were given the OK

GOZIT make sure you have the app. You also need to upload you vax passport and pcr test

Lots of people sat in their cars trying to get it sorted as they knew nothing about it

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 30th 2021 at 10:05 pm. Reason: GOZIT not GOXIT
Old Nov 30th 2021, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Am I allowed to laugh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.