NEXUS card

Old Jun 12th 2016, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS card

Thanks!!

Yes, in addition to YVR I notice there is also a downtown office (can't remember where).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 12th 2016 at 6:32 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think you should be good to go Remember NEXUS doesn't only include travel to the US, it works at NEXUS kiosks at any Canadian airport that has them when arriving from anywhere in the world, and Global Entry kiosks at US airports. So based on the fact that you are British and thus likely to return home for visits and such and use the NEXUS on your way back in would be sufficient if you are worried about it!
Old Jun 13th 2016, 12:04 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

There is also a Nexus office on the US side of the Truck Crossing.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

NavyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

When I tried to get the interview at Ottawa it was a 3 month waiting time. Went for Thousand Islands, two weeks and a nice drive down and back.

The interview process was longer than most as they asked if the new girl could be walked through the process, but even then only took half and hour.

The card is a god send in the US, I use its number as my Known Traveller Number and make sure it is on my booking. Then I can use PreCheck TSA and for that one fact it is worth every dollar of its cost.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NavyBoy
When I tried to get the interview at Ottawa it was a 3 month waiting time. Went for Thousand Islands, two weeks and a nice drive down and back.

The interview process was longer than most as they asked if the new girl could be walked through the process, but even then only took half and hour.

The card is a god send in the US, I use its number as my Known Traveller Number and make sure it is on my booking. Then I can use PreCheck TSA and for that one fact it is worth every dollar of its cost.
Yup, looking forward to updating my Delta booking for December with my KTN so I can get PreCheck! Super convenient not to have to take your shoes off at the airport.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:04 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yup, looking forward to updating my Delta booking for December with my KTN so I can get PreCheck! Super convenient not to have to take your shoes off at the airport.
Yeah but if your under 20 you have to have a compulsory strip search each time you go through security
Old Jun 14th 2016, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Yeah but if your under 20 you have to have a compulsory strip search each time you go through security
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:25 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question - I'm Canadian on a WHV in Ireland, but have been away from Canada since 2004 (roughly). I travel home to see my parents 1-2 times per year (funds willing), the next time being August of this year.

Is it worth it to apply for Nexus now? And schedule an appointment when I'm back? The website says you get invited to schedule an interview after they review your eligibility, does the timing work if I'm back the first week of August?

Last edited by msmyrtle; Jun 14th 2016 at 1:29 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
Quick question - I'm Canadian on a WHV in Ireland, but have been away from Canada since 2004 (roughly). I travel home to see my parents 1-2 times per year (funds willing), the next time being August of this year.

Is it worth it to apply for Nexus now? And schedule an appointment when I'm back? The website says you get invited to schedule an interview after they review your eligibility, does the timing work if I'm back the first week of August?
You have to be a US or Canadian PR (for at least 3 years) or a citizen of either country. So not yet.

S
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:09 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
You have to be a US or Canadian PR (for at least 3 years) or a citizen of either country. So not yet.

S
I'm a Canadian citizen but not normally resident.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Apologies first thing in the morning hadn't had my tea and I missed that!! I read it that you were here on the WHV. There are rules about citizens living abroad I noticed. I'll try to find the link but on my phone right now.

S
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

S
She is a citizen. She said she's a Canadian on WHV in Ireland, and citizens are exempt from the residency clause for NEXUS as part of the Beyond the Border initiative

So she is eligible.

NEXUS - Eligibility

Effective June 30, 2012, Canadian and American citizens living outside of Canada or the United States or who have recently returned to either country and have not previously been able to meet the three-year residency requirement are now eligible to apply.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry yes I missed it and noted above thanks for finding link.

S
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apologies first thing in the morning hadn't had my tea and I missed that!! I read it that you were here on the WHV. There are rules about citizens living abroad I noticed. I'll try to find the link but on my phone right now.

S
Oops, we posted at the same time
Anyways my post points out she can still apply even though she isn't normally resident.

The interview time is a peculiar question though so hopefully FL can be along to answer.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msmyrtle

If you are using the GOES website to apply for NEXUS then after submitting the application you would be notified by email that you have been conditionally approved and to schedule an interview which is done online.
You select the enrolment centre and a calendar of dates are shown which are available. Be aware some enrolment centres have up to a 5 month wait as all available appointments have been taken.
Other than that I cant help any further.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.