Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The next 6 mnts will be the longest of my life!

The next 6 mnts will be the longest of my life!

Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

PaulandDawn is on a distinguished road
Default The next 6 mnts will be the longest of my life!

Hi! Got flights booked to move from Kent to Calgary on 13th August, have sold our house and are now living with the in-laws until we go , have got a leaving date for work for the 31st July, have applied to do a phd at u of Calgary in September, hubby's got a start date for the Calgary Police for the 8th September....and the waiting is driving me mad!!!! :curse: Just want to be there now! Am getting very impatient, but that is not very Canadian like so will try to keep my cool and wait patiently like a good Canadian should!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:13 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The next 6 mnts will be the longest of my life!

Originally Posted by PaulandDawn
Hi! Got flights booked to move from Kent to Calgary on 13th August, have sold our house and are now living with the in-laws until we go , have got a leaving date for work for the 31st July, have applied to do a phd at u of Calgary in September, hubby's got a start date for the Calgary Police for the 8th September....and the waiting is driving me mad!!!! :curse: Just want to be there now! Am getting very impatient, but that is not very Canadian like so will try to keep my cool and wait patiently like a good Canadian should!
What's worse? Waiting until August to leave or living with the in-laws until August
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

I don't know!!! They're being very kind letting us stay with them so we can save up some money to bring to Canada but it is very weird! Feels like being a teenager again!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:20 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Just think how nice it will be to finally have your own place again then when you can bonk on the kitchen table if you want to.
Bet you don't do that at the in-laws !
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

No! Living with them is the best form of contraception ever!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:30 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandDawn
No! Living with them is the best form of contraception ever!
Why is that ? Don't they have a kitchen table ?
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

What's your phd subject? I keep looking at u of c but resisting because of the o'seas fees... dh wants me to wait for PR... we should be moving to alberta on 3 Aug, but fortunately don't have the in-laws thing to worry about in the meantime! Stay calm!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

I've applied to the Clinical Psychology programme & I've heard that it's ridiculously hard to get inot so I'm not holding out much hope! I did my BA at Dalhousie University in Halifax, NS and I've just finished an MSc at the University of London. I've got fingers crossed but I'm still looking at jobs on the calgary regional health website!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it all. The next couple of months might drag - but suddenly it will be June and you'll hit the "OMG - there's still loads to do" bit ! Make the most of seeing chunks of the UK and friends scattered around it ....
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, I've heard that's tricky to get on anywhere, but you might be lucky, hope it all works out!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Bainesy36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooooooo how exciting, we're just trying to sort everything out so that when our 12 month working holiday visas come through we can go ASAP! We are planning to be in Calgary by the 2nd week of may and have already booked our leaving party. We are hoping to have the house rented out from the 1st of may (fingers very tightly crossed with that one!) so Nige, the dog and myself may end up having to spend a week in his mums caravan on her driveway!

It is hard though just waiting for everything you have spent so long planning to click into place.

Good Luck

Nige, Sophie and Domino
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:49 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

It will fly by in no time and suddenly you will be at the airport saying OMG what have we done!!! Good luck.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

We've already planned our leaving party too!! (Well, parties....we having two smaller ones instead of one big one. Didn't want it to be like our wedding where there are so many people that you don't hardly get any time to chat to them)!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

bluefishman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Why is that ? Don't they have a kitchen table ?
very funny