Newspapers

Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:18 am
Just Joined

corbyn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Newspapers

To Everyone

I am 10 years old and moving to Burnaby next month.

In Englan I read a newspaper everyday!! what is the most popular newspaper over the countrey and the most popular in Vancouver , Burnaby and British Columbia.

Hope you can reply
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

taira is an unknown quantity at this point

Vancouver has several different newspapers and will probably be the closest one that you buy. Burnaby is sort of like a 'subdivision' of Vancouver--much like Scarborough is to Toronto so if it has its own newspaper it is only a small one. Burnaby is a cool place to live with lots of soccar clubs and little parks and such and its right smackup beside Vancouver and Coquitlam which is another 'subdivision'. One of the reasons its cool is because there the people of all different nationalities meet in the local park and play soccar--much like we used to do as kids back in England except the language difference is a bit to get used to. But beside you, being new from England, will be a kid or a family from Kuwait, Portugal, Greece and so on and so forth--each speaking their own language untill they hit the soccar field and then somehow the language barrier is put aside and they all just kick a ball around and scrimmage.

I hope you like you new town. There is also just on the way from Burnaby to Vancouver a huge park that has an exhibition in it each year. There you can pay one price to enter and ride all day on all the rides for free--rollercoasters and ferris whieels and even bungee jumping which I tried and thoroughly enjoyed. The transit system there is excellent and you will probably find yourself down to Granville Island which has a wonderful waterpark and English Bay which is one of the best beaches I have ever been to.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:48 am
Just Joined

corbyn10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by taira
Vancouver has several different newspapers and will probably be the closest one that you buy. Burnaby is sort of like a 'subdivision' of Vancouver--much like Scarborough is to Toronto so if it has its own newspaper it is only a small one. Burnaby is a cool place to live with lots of soccar clubs and little parks and such and its right smackup beside Vancouver and Coquitlam which is another 'subdivision'. One of the reasons its cool is because there the people of all different nationalities meet in the local park and play soccar--much like we used to do as kids back in England except the language difference is a bit to get used to. But beside you, being new from England, will be a kid or a family from Kuwait, Portugal, Greece and so on and so forth--each speaking their own language untill they hit the soccar field and then somehow the language barrier is put aside and they all just kick a ball around and scrimmage.

I hope you like you new town. There is also just on the way from Burnaby to Vancouver a huge park that has an exhibition in it each year. There you can pay one price to enter and ride all day on all the rides for free--rollercoasters and ferris whieels and even bungee jumping which I tried and thoroughly enjoyed. The transit system there is excellent and you will probably find yourself down to Granville Island which has a wonderful waterpark and English Bay which is one of the best beaches I have ever been to.

Best of luck.
Hello Taira

Are you originally from England? What part ? have you lived in the Burnaby area?
Old Apr 17th 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

taira is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from the south of England, from a little town called Hythe which is just across on the ferry from Southampton. We moved to Ontario when I was 11 to a little town called Paisley which was also a short drive from Southampton, Ontario.

A few years back, maybe 4 or 5 now, I lived on the border of Burnaby and Coquitlam just off North Rd (I think thats the right name of the street) which separates Burnaby from Coquitlam. The parks are hard to see from the main street and are sort of tucked in behind the buildings, so once you move if you get to take some walks and explore the areas I'm sure you'll be able to find a few of them. The landscape is definately hilly so bring good hiking shoes.