Reload this Page >

Newly qualified Paramedic wanting to move to BC Canada

Newly qualified Paramedic wanting to move to BC Canada

Old Aug 11th 2022, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Jessieleach3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newly qualified Paramedic wanting to move to BC Canada

Hey there!

I’m a newly qualified paramedic wanting to move to Vancouver to become a paramedic, just wondering if anyone knows whether I need to work here for a a year first and if there’s any other info you can give me on how to do this process!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Aug 12th 2022, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

ukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newly qualified Paramedic wanting to move to BC Canada

Have a look at this site. I know that several UK paramedics have made the jump and they seem to recommend this site.

http://www.internationalparamedicsbc.com/

there were some errors with immigration but I think they have been amended -not sure

Also do a search on this site as it has been discussed before.

I will also advise to do a good search about the state of the BCEHS. It might be jumping from the pan into the fire. All depends on why you want to move. There are FB sites like Ambulance Paramedic of BC which is the union. They have articles and info about working conditions and such.

I did see that BCEHS was advertising for international applicants and I know they are putting in a huge recruitment drive as they are at least 300 staff short.

good luck.

Old Aug 12th 2022, 2:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukcanuck
there were some errors with immigration but I think they have been amended -not sure
Just checked, and it's still full of misinformation on the visa side of things. So anybody looking, ignore the immigration section completely!
Old Aug 12th 2022, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

ukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought that as this site is being run by a couple of the managers of BCEHS that they would have corrected the info by now. Thanks for checking. The OP will know to triple check immigration.