Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Newby trying to find info on reed seal

Newby trying to find info on reed seal

Old Nov 22nd 2017, 1:52 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newby trying to find info on reed seal

Originally Posted by Shilly25
Alberta .....fingers crossed
Our experience is in Ontario so that won't help you much
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Shilly25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for all your advice,thinking about it ,I may have been Hasty giving money over,but I wanted professional guidance (before I joined here)and was recommended to do so by a family member living in canmore. So at least I've got someone to blame😂😂😂😂

Colin
Old Dec 30th 2017, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify that Gas fitter - Class B Ticket is currently not a Red Seal Exam.

As it states in the second paragraph on the link. "New Red Seal trade. Reference materials are under development."

So at the moment I live in BC, if I move to Ontario I would have to sit their Gas B Ticket Exam. This is until Red Seal bring out the Interprovincial Exam for Gas Fitters B Ticket.

The OP will have to contact the Gas Authority in which province he is looking to move to, to challenge it. As in BC it's the BCSA.

For study materials you will need the code book

B149.1-15 - Natural gas and propane installation code 2015

http://shop.csa.ca/en/canada/natural...vt/27010992015

Unfortunately you will be lucky to find mock exams outside of Canadian colleges. As in my experience I did 12 weeks of night school. I sat 5 exams in over the 12 weeks. After sitting each exam, we went over the results and questions in the next class. At the end of that class the college took the exams back. Once I passed my gas course, I went on to sit the Gas fitters - B ticket with the BC Safety Authority.

Full time Gas B Ticket courses are 2 to 3 weeks for plumbers in BC as they are already in the piping trades. Not sure the requirements in other provinces. Gas courses are probably longer for Gas fitters.

Just to give you a idea of what your up against, the BC exam is 3.5 hours long and 150 questions. 70% to pass.

Edit:

Here's some info for Alberta

https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/trad...profiles/0082/

Last edited by MrHyperPants; Dec 30th 2017 at 2:30 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 5:29 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
If you come over on a visit to take an exam you will either be turned around or given a temporary work permit. This happened to my husband, he had an exam booked (under advice from our useless immigration consultants as we had not found this site) came over on a weeks vacation to take the exam, was questioned at length, given a 3 month WP in which he had to pass the exam.

As it happened he had not looked at any terminology/exams online etc as his idea was to take the exam to see where he falls short, he failed. He then came back to the UK handed in his notice (a month) we put the house on the market, he flew out, left me behind started work and stressfully retook the exam and thankfully passed. It was hairy.
i didnt realise that your husband is a gas technician too