new in town

Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: new in town

Originally Posted by snowqueen
Can I come and work for you, pleeeeeese!!

Snowqueen
(in Canada some time next year, hopefully!)
I will be hiring next year
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
I will be hiring next year
I'll rememver that!! What kind of business BTW? (although I'm very versatile!)

SQ
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skigordi
It may not have the mountains or the skiing of the Rockies but it has a great captive audience in the GTA.
You could say that, on seeing Blue "Mountain" this summer my 9 year old daughter remarked "that's about the size of COP"

It isn't, it's actually double the drop of COP at 220m. It must get jammed when the hordes barrel up the 400 for a Sunday's skiing. Good for a business selling stuff to people in the lift queues
Old Sep 7th 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by snowqueen
I'll rememver that!! What kind of business BTW? (although I'm very versatile!)

SQ
Can't tell much about it yet but it'll be in food & sweets .
And yes, I wouldn't call it " mountains " either it really isn't more than hills.....but Hey.....they're the only skiable hills in Ontario and easily accessible for GTA folks ( about 4.000.000 of them )
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debbyathome
Thats north of Collingwood i live down below Barrie
Please excuse me for butting in and changing the subject, but I couldn't resist when I heard that debbyathome was living in Barrie. Myself and my husband and two children (6 & 9) will be moving to Barrie in a few weeks time when our house sale is complete. We visited Barrie last year in the summer and have decided we would like to live there, I was wondering since you already live there could you give me any advice about the place - good or bad. I would really appreciate it. Thanks, send me a pm if you like.
Railman

Good luck Juliusmaximus with your move and setting up a business, we have also visited the blue moutains and seen the ski lifts, looks a nice place. All the best
Railman
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice

Originally Posted by railman
Please excuse me for butting in and changing the subject, but I couldn't resist when I heard that debbyathome was living in Barrie. Myself and my husband and two children (6 & 9) will be moving to Barrie in a few weeks time when our house sale is complete. We visited Barrie last year in the summer and have decided we would like to live there, I was wondering since you already live there could you give me any advice about the place - good or bad. I would really appreciate it. Thanks, send me a pm if you like.
Railman

Good luck Juliusmaximus with your move and setting up a business, we have also visited the blue moutains and seen the ski lifts, looks a nice place. All the best
Railman
sorry to mislead you but i dont live in Barrie i live below Barrie,I put Barrie as the nearest town as not a lot of people who dont live here know the town where i live.Before we came to Canada we were going to live in Barrie but when we got here late november with a lot of snow we decided against it because my husband works down near Toronto and the roads get closed off in the winter (not very often but if they do it will be just below Barrie and just above the town where we live).Sorry i cant be more help to you
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debbyathome
sorry to mislead you but i dont live in Barrie i live below Barrie,I put Barrie as the nearest town as not a lot of people who dont live here know the town where i live.Before we came to Canada we were going to live in Barrie but when we got here late november with a lot of snow we decided against it because my husband works down near Toronto and the roads get closed off in the winter (not very often but if they do it will be just below Barrie and just above the town where we live).Sorry i cant be more help to you
thanks for the reply, the snow is something we have been thinking about because I know its in the snowbelt. Didn't know it got so bad they had to shut the road though! thanks again.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice

Originally Posted by railman
thanks for the reply, the snow is something we have been thinking about because I know its in the snowbelt. Didn't know it got so bad they had to shut the road though! thanks again.
Well we have been here 5 years and have never seen the roads closed but you never know what is going to happen one year to the next