Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to the site and looking for help please ☺️

New to the site and looking for help please ☺️

Old Nov 8th 2016, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Daniellesharnwoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the site and looking for help please ☺️

Hello my self, my husband and our children are currently looking at ways to move! We are very excited and very serious...we have an appointment later on this month with 'the brazolot group' has anyone had dealings with these or heard of this group please? Would you advice using help or go it alone??

Also our friends have suggested that we ask on a expat forum about jobs.
My husband is a senior site supervisor in construction, does anybody know anyone in this line of work that are currently hiring and are able to support a LMIA. We are currently in the U.K.

Thankyou in advance and apologies if any previous posts regarding the same thing.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 8:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the site and looking for help please ☺️

Originally Posted by Daniellesharnwoods
Hello my self, my husband and our children are currently looking at ways to move! We are very excited and very serious...we have an appointment later on this month with 'the brazolot group' has anyone had dealings with these or heard of this group please? Would you advice using help or go it alone??

My husband is a senior site supervisor in construction, does anybody know anyone in this line of work that are currently hiring and are able to support a LMIA. We are currently in the U.K.

Thankyou in advance and apologies if any previous posts regarding the same thing.
From experiences quoted on BE, then I would go it alone, and certainly be very wary of the company you have named. Please search BE for Brazolot, and read the reviews carefully, or search google.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 8:24 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I would say, now you have found this site, you probably do not need to hire a consultant. And as has been suggested, search this site for views on Brazalot
Old Nov 9th 2016, 3:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE!

I would be very leary of appointing said company in any capacity - as has been mentioned, just do a site search for them - or a Google search - and you will see why.

Unless you have extenuating circumstances - such as medical issues or a criminal background - there isn't any advantage to appointing an Immigration Consultant, unless you really don't think you are capable of filling out the forms yourself. They cannot guarantee you will receive an invite from the EE Pool, so your best bet is to research on CIC website (and on here!) to see what you will require.

If you do decide that you need / want to use an immigration consultant, please make sure they are registered with ICCRC!

If you have any questions on how to best approach obtaining PR, feel free to post any questions to our Immigration forum - we've many members who will be only too happy to help.

Old Nov 9th 2016, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Oliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond reputeOliviald has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Myself and my fiancee have recently moved to Toronto from the UK.
When we were planning on coming to Canada we attended several 'Canada Expos' and the Brazolot Group were at them all. After going through the paperwork process with them ready to set up a meeting they asked for the first payment. Every stage of the immigration proccess you go though there is a large payment!
We decided to go it alone and sort our own visas out which worked great. Once you have all the appropriate paperwork together the application is easy and we got our acceptence within around 3 weeks!
I really dont think its nesseccary to use any of the immigration groups, its easy enough to do what they will do yourself without having to pay!
Good Luck!
Olivia
Old Nov 9th 2016, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Also search about their owner director doing a Trump and 'grabbing them by the >snipped<'...

I don't give money to people like that so I opted out of using them.

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 9th 2016 at 7:08 am. Reason: Family friendly forum
Old Nov 9th 2016, 10:01 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

A big hello and welcome from me too

The most scary thing about coming to Canada initially is the idea of all of the paperwork...handing the problem to 'experts' who do this stuff all day is a very tempting...but now you have found experts, free experts!

You can find am answer to any of your queries on this forum, unless you have some pretty unusual circumstances, someone on this board will have done it and posted about it, and will be happy to help. Don't use an immigration service, save your money and invest in a good quality printer, to print off the reams of documentation that you are going to need to fill in

You can do it, lots of people on here have done it, and are here to help you do it too. Good luck
Old Nov 9th 2016, 10:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to BE.

Another vote for 'don't use Brazolot' - a quick search will tell you why, but if you do want to use a consultant, make sure they are reputable.

But you mention a LMIA, so I assume you're looking at going over on a Temp Work Permit? If so, I can't see why you'd even consider using a consultant tbh, given that the paperwork for the LMIA all has to be done by the employer, and that you just get your TWP when you turn up at the airport, so there's no form filling whatsoever.

For job hunting advice, have a good look at the Job Hunting section of the Wiki which has loads of useful info in. Have you visited Canada before? If not, then before spending tens of thousands on moving your family out there you could plan a trip, and hubby could job hunt in person whilst there which is often the best way to do it.

HTH, best of luck.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou all for your replies, they have really helpful and we have decided to do the process our selfs! It's just such a scary process we thought having somebody that knew what they were doing would help make the whole move easier...!
We originally were hoping to come over under the express entry but unfortunately do not have enough points so yes we are hoping for a temporary work permit which will then lead to residency...fingers crossed....so we are looking for a company who support LMIA. We will have a look at the wiki section. Thank god Iv found people in the same boat who have also been through the process so know just what it's like, and like a few have stated found experts who are willing to give friendly and very helpful advice for free thankyou again
Old Nov 9th 2016, 12:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou all for your replies, they have really helpful and we have decided to do the process our selfs! It's just such a scary process we thought having somebody that knew what they were doing would help make the whole move easier...!
You've got us now! Loads of helpful people on BE that will help with any questions you've got.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Construction is going ok here in BC (Metro Van) so you have a chance. Concentrate the CV on highly niche skills, i.e. skills needed here in Canada that few people are likely to have. Not only will this help find an employer but it is also likely to mean a more a better chance with the LMIA.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Construction is going ok here in BC (Metro Van) so you have a chance. Concentrate the CV on highly niche skills, i.e. skills needed here in Canada that few people are likely to have. Not only will this help find an employer but it is also likely to mean a more a better chance with the LMIA.
Ow that's great to know thankyou so much, could you please advise us where is best to advertise the CV? On the wiki part of this site or job bank? Or would you recommend both ☺️ Thankyou
Old Nov 10th 2016, 4:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ow that's great to know thankyou so much, could you please advise us where is best to advertise the CV? On the wiki part of this site or job bank? Or would you recommend both ☺️ Thankyou
There isn't anywhere to put a resume in the Wiki, just advice on how to do one and lots of other job hunting info about the hiring culture in Canada etc.

There are websites he can put his resume on, but TBH if you've read the Wiki you'll know that he'll need to be more proactive than that, so once he's converted his CV to a resume, get him to follow the Wiki advice.

And best of luck.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There isn't anywhere to put a resume in the Wiki, just advice on how to do one and lots of other job hunting info about the hiring culture in Canada etc.

There are websites he can put his resume on, but TBH if you've read the Wiki you'll know that he'll need to be more proactive than that, so once he's converted his CV to a resume, get him to follow the Wiki advice.

And best of luck.
Thankyou he's going to have a good read when he's off work over the weekend and get the ball rolling ☺️ Your help and advice is very much appreciated
Old Nov 14th 2016, 1:10 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

My advice is to get an idea of the area you are wanting to live in, then google the companies that are in that area. Make a list of who you would like to work for and then arrange a reccie trip.
See if you can then arrange a meeting with managers in those companies whilst on the trip.. you just want to start your network and understand the requirements in Canada and then once you have those contacts and have met, add them on linked in and go from there. Incredible opportunities can come from reccie trips and your network has to start somewhere.

For me, I contacted the company that was our contact in NS for the company I worked for in the UK. They agreed to meet me for a coffee when I was over for a reccie trip and in the meantime I sent a resume and 3 days later followed up with a call. They were interested in the fact that I had worked for Fender guitars and were pleased to meet me (boss was in a band ).
They had no job but decided my skill set might be useful and so I ended up with my first job on less money than I really wanted but with that oh so important Canadian experience.
We came under NS PNP back in 2011 and therefore they could hire me on a TWP as we had NS nomination by that point and were just awaiting medicals.
I also contacted and met all the recruitment consultants I could who gave me invaluable advice on my resume format and wording. Being here on the ground meeting people helps enormously.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.