Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

britstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nice
Default Re: New to this site - Burlington/Hamilton Area

Hi everyone,

So, I am looking forward to seeing lots of you at the Poacher tomorrow. I have just called the pub to let them know that we are likely showing up, so not sure if they are going to cordon off an area for us or whether we just mingle at the bar.
However I will aim to be there at 530 and be inside - perhaps if it is nice we can get outside too.
The food there is great!

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Stuart
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Denhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to all

Looking forward to meeting everyone as well - we couldn't have asked for better patio weather!

Trish
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Hi all

Really can't believe this is happening, when we were still in the UK i used to read about the meet ups and think one day i will be there and i finally going to one tomorrow after 4 years of waiting, can't wait to meet you all. One question though, i have 2 daughters aged 11 and 9, is it ok if we bring them with us?

Thanks

Michelle
Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Britstu! I should be there around 5.30 also.

27mich71, children are allowed in pubs here so if you want to bring them then please do, nobody will mind I am sure, I would bring something to keep them amused though, kids tend to get bored with adult conversation very quickly and we don't want you having to leave!

Looking forwards to meeting up with you all.....

I have sent pm's to everyone I could find on here who are living in the area - so apologies to anyone I missed out or those that would have preferred that I had!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 20th 2011 at 4:12 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:29 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

We are working till 5, so wont be there until 6 ish. The patio would be a good place to sit, there is some shade on it as well, I enjoyed a glass of wine out there last Tuesday evening

See you all later.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

lester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nicelester for chester is just really nice

Look forward to seeing you all later.
Michelle, as far as we are concerned Lauren and Holly will always be welcome but they will have to wait a while before they get their welcome pint.

David & Janet Hughes
Poacher
Old Jul 20th 2011, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lester for chester
Look forward to seeing you all later.
Michelle, as far as we are concerned Lauren and Holly will always be welcome but they will have to wait a while before they get their welcome pint.

David & Janet Hughes
Poacher
Thanks David and Janet

Look forward to seeing soon

Michelle
Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:52 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome meeting you all tonight - I had a great time and it was wonderful to put faces to names, finally!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Denhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to allDenhamgirl is a name known to all

Great to meet everyone last night and hopefully we'll do it again soon!

Trish
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Denhamgirl
Great to meet everyone last night and hopefully we'll do it again soon!

Trish
x2
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

britstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nicebritstu is just really nice

It was a lot of fun.
Thanks to Janet and Dave for hosting us
So, we should arrange something else, perhaps another venue?

Options are:

Dickins
Queens Head
Beaver and Bulldog
Black Bull

Not sure about Hamilton venues, and I know that some of you commuted from Hamilton, so perhaps we should consider something there too?

Thoughts everyone?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

It was great to meet everyone yesterday and looking forward to doing it again soon!

Hywel & Sarah
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, lovely meeting you all, Lauren and Holly really enjoyed it!

I will put in another meet up for 4 weeks time, but as we have only been here a little while, will someone come up with a venue, Britstu has mentioned a few, but we have never been. Have to say though, it is a good atmosphere at The Poacher.

Michelle
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

I quite liked the atmosphere at the Poacher last night too, so happy to go back, but 4 weeks seems like a long time - would anyone else go for bi-weekly?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:20 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Denhamgirl
would anyone else go for bi-weekly?
Is that twice per week, or do you mean fortnightly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.