Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

new location advice - Fernie BC

new location advice - Fernie BC

Old Aug 15th 2013, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

alipeesha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new location advice - Fernie BC

Sunday!! Maybe fancy meeting up:-) my boyfriend isn't sure how long he will have too stay in Calgary for
Old Aug 15th 2013, 4:27 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
Hey alipeesha, well I made ny mind up moved to Kimberley and attacked the commute. However my job after day 2 became permanent and the commute was proving difficult as I was drifting off at the wheel and didn't feel I could commit properly to Kimberley or fernie sooo after much deliberation I've found somewhere in fernie. Im currentlyon 3 wi training in Vancouver so when it finishes on 24th I move to Fernie when do u get there?
OMG seriously

Even though you took the plunge and decided to go against the advice on "don't commute" I'm glad that - even though you had to find out for yourself that its harsh - nothing serious happened.

I used to get super sleepy in a car after 10 mins, now after being here for a while and spending more time behind the wheel than ever, I can actually make a trip and not yawn once
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by alipeesha
Sunday!! Maybe fancy meeting up:-) my boyfriend isn't sure how long he will have too stay in Calgary for
yeah a meet up sounds like a plan although im not back from training until the weekend of the 24th?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
OMG seriously

Even though you took the plunge and decided to go against the advice on "don't commute" I'm glad that - even though you had to find out for yourself that its harsh - nothing serious happened.

I used to get super sleepy in a car after 10 mins, now after being here for a while and spending more time behind the wheel than ever, I can actually make a trip and not yawn once
yeah i think it was a mixture of things, the momentum of the drive, the air difference etc as it tended to happen more after a weekend break from it so monday tuesdays. i have colleagues who managed the commute for 3 whole years but once my contract became permanent it just made sense and i can visit kimberley on a weekend
those truck drivers take no prisoners either, when the rain was bad in June (when calgary flooded) they just werent for slowing down and the thought of a double trailered truck of logs hitting me head on was scary stuff
however the road its self isnt bad im just imagining that as clear as they keep it in the winter it'll still be dicey