British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   New link for British TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/new-link-british-tv-689953/)

SivoxII Oct 22nd 2010 5:34 pm

Re: New link for British TV

Yup,

Unless you have a power house for a PC, turn off anything that could interupt a "live feed" .... any torrent or direct media from the net, would be top of the list. This way, your system can focus it's resources on this British TV feed.

Good Luck!

nldfc Oct 22nd 2010 5:46 pm

I find a couple of direct media sites like skysports soccer saturday and sportinglife seem to slow things down pretty rapidly :thumbup:

nldfc Oct 25th 2010 6:12 pm

Does anyone else have problems getting BBC 3 to work ?

big ron Oct 25th 2010 8:06 pm

I got corrie tonight great tried to fullscreen it left click did it first time but option will not come up again,also tried double click no joy ,HELP please.

nldfc Oct 25th 2010 8:07 pm

Is right click and zoom not working either ??

MrGreen Oct 25th 2010 8:12 pm

Works great. Just got an HDMI cable for the TV hook-up too. As sad as it sounds it was so fun just to watch the adverts!

big ron Oct 25th 2010 8:19 pm

no zoom option comes up on right click

airbornesapper Oct 25th 2010 8:32 pm

Working fine....me thinks this is the dogs do-dads.

Zercher Oct 25th 2010 9:50 pm

This is amazing! Perfect picture quality too! Mouldy day out in Van so this will do nicely for a couch day!

nldfc Oct 25th 2010 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by big ron (Post 8941669)
no zoom option comes up on right click

Strange :confused: The right click zoom option was there a couple of days back - The double click on the main screen is giving me the full screen just now .

If i get a chance later i will mess with the settings to see if i can find another option to go full screen

Oink Oct 25th 2010 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8941866)
Strange :confused: The right click zoom option was there a couple of days back - The double click on the main screen is giving me the full screen just now .

If i get a chance later i will mess with the settings to see if i can find another option to go full screen

I've got a mac with only one click on the mouse so I can't seem to get the full screen. I tried double clicking on the screen and all I got was the advert. :frown:

Anyone got any suggestions?

swoops Oct 26th 2010 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8941975)
I've got a mac with only one click on the mouse so I can't seem to get the full screen. I tried double clicking on the screen and all I got was the advert. :frown:

Hope this helps Oink... http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2490

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8941449)
Does anyone else have problems getting BBC 3 to work ?

Its working for me...

nldfc Oct 26th 2010 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 8941975)

when you double click on the screen have your arrow pointing at the top right or left hand side away from where the ad is when the channel first kicks on and see if that helps you

As for the right click and zoom it works on BBC1 but not many of the others (Again when you right click you need to be away from where the ad is )

Oink Oct 26th 2010 12:31 am

Thanks to you both, I've figured it out now. :thumbup:

Now can anyone help me get that annoying woman waving her arms about off my screen?

nldfc Oct 26th 2010 12:36 am

Perfect :thumbup:

Would be a lot bloody easier if they just had a full screen button though :D