British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   New link for British TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/new-link-british-tv-689953/)

pontcanna Oct 20th 2010 7:45 pm

Re: New link for British TV

Back up now :)

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 7:53 pm

Hope it goes down again :D I spent most of my working day watching british telly :p

SivoxII Oct 20th 2010 8:36 pm

(said with a Jim Royle accent)

"British Telly, best in the world!! ... you 'avin that Dave?"

Peteusa Oct 20th 2010 8:57 pm

Is anybody else having problems with FilmOn (Live TV) ?

Its been okay for several months, but for the last few days its said "closed for scheduled maintanence, back soon" Now I cant get it to load, and I'm a paid subscriber.

Any thoughts?

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 9:26 pm

Looks like it has disappeared off the face of the earth mate - I will have a root around the streaming sites this evening see if i can figure out what happened. Possible that they are doing a complete upgrade that would account for it being gone all together for now :confused:

SivoxII Oct 20th 2010 9:44 pm

Peteusa,

If you are a paid subscriber, I'd be on their tails PRONTO!!! ... maintenance or otherwise.

onepixel Oct 20th 2010 10:39 pm

Hey Peteusa,

Filmon has been having major issues for a week or so. It totally went down on the weekend big time. Their website was gone also and replaced by a domain page holder. I kept trying as I am also a subscriber and was getting upset thinking they had gone under. Then the site came back and it said everyone had to immediately download the new version which I did and some of the channels were back up. A new website was up but again it is down and so is the player. I suspect they have had major server issues and will be back. They are a legit company. Anyway, fingures crossed. I can't even email them :eek:

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 10:50 pm

They just announced David Ferrara as a new director 2 days back so i would think it unlikely they went under :thumbup:

I have been wrong before though :p

Peteusa Oct 20th 2010 11:53 pm

The for the info guys. I thought it was just me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.:fingerscrossed:

onepixel Oct 21st 2010 11:29 am

The website is up today. You may want to go to www.filmon.com and download the latest software. Good luck.

The4BellsLondon Oct 22nd 2010 5:06 am

its a bt jittery - am using a mac and firefox ??

SivoxII Oct 22nd 2010 5:09 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 8934996)
its a bt jittery - am using a mac and firefox ??

.. that could be more to do with your connection, than your hardware/browser?

The4BellsLondon Oct 22nd 2010 5:12 am

Originally Posted by SivoxII (Post 8934999)
.. that could be more to do with your connection, than your hardware/browser?

hmm - hi speed shaw thingy . . . . .

SivoxII Oct 22nd 2010 6:36 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 8935001)
hmm - hi speed shaw thingy . . . . .

double hmm!

Shaw High Speed Thingies are usually pretty good, so it "may be" your hardware/software settings? ... maybe check you have the latest updates of your packages (in particular, anything internet related - media/flash/java etc)

I know zippo about Mac's .. so maybe a fellow(ess) Mac User could shed some light, if it's a common issue (other than a problem on the website end?)

Shot in the dark, as it could be many things.

All the best.

nldfc Oct 22nd 2010 12:03 pm

I was a bit jittery the other night watching a movie on channel 4 (sommit about a russian mail order bride )
I stopped a couple of background programmes including bittorent I had running and it was fine and settled down after that - so hopefully its just a speed issue at your end