British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   New link for British TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/new-link-british-tv-689953/)

airbornesapper Oct 26th 2010 11:30 pm

Re: New link for British TV

I use this link...and it works using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer opening up in WMP:

http://fbhost-tv.fr//video/150/VLC-UK-tv.html

I have not created an account.....

Just opened BBC 1,ITV 1 and Channel 5 - all good....

NLDFC...thanks again for posting the link to this....it has worked for us since you first put up the link..;)

nldfc Oct 26th 2010 11:45 pm

Thanks for that link

Very strange - that works perfect for me yet going in from my account side they are acting up :thumbup:

jules777 Oct 27th 2010 1:05 am

Originally Posted by airbornesapper (Post 8944371)
I use this link...and it works using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer opening up in WMP:

I have not created an account.....

Just opened BBC 1,ITV 1 and Channel 5 - all good....

NLDFC...thanks again for posting the link to this....it has worked for us since you first put up the link..;)

yeah:thumbsup: you are a star :D

pontcanna Oct 27th 2010 3:02 am

It's true...this is the dog's bollocks, the cat's ass (sorry to be coarse). All they need is BBC-4, then a couple more of the free to air channels. Never buffers either, probably since it's my direct broadband connection rather than through a UK VPN server.

Oink Nov 1st 2010 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by pontcanna (Post 8944684)
It's true...this is the dog's bollocks, the cat's ass (sorry to be coarse). All they need is BBC-4, then a couple more of the free to air channels. Never buffers either, probably since it's my direct broadband connection rather than through a UK VPN server.

Looks this one has gone to the dogs.

pontcanna Nov 2nd 2010 12:31 am

Yes, looks like the BBC copyright police got to them...figured it was too good to last :(

nldfc Nov 2nd 2010 1:27 pm

Bugger - will keep an eye on that incase it comes back on

nldfc Nov 2nd 2010 6:56 pm

All links are back up and running fine :thumbup:

I think you may have to be logged in now though

nldfc Nov 3rd 2010 12:57 am

Whatever they did with this while it was down seems to have speeded it up - even with 2 computers downloading torrents here - I have no buffer issues at all :thumbup:

Canuck2b Nov 3rd 2010 5:38 am

I am getting an access denied message :( Whether I log in or not......Anyone else had this?

nldfc Nov 3rd 2010 10:50 am

There are 2 different log on scripts - One in the centre and 1 on the right hand side of the screen - If i use the 1 on the right i get in but if I use the 1 in the centre in get the "access denied"

Luckyone Nov 3rd 2010 11:15 am

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8958990)
There are 2 different log on scripts - One in the centre and 1 on the right hand side of the screen - If i use the 1 on the right i get in but if I use the 1 in the centre in get the "access denied"

....and I didn't have to log in at all? The list of channels was right there on the opening page here, and opened okay:

nldfc Nov 3rd 2010 12:59 pm

This site seems to change by the hour :D

Luckyone Nov 3rd 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8959211)
This site seems to change by the hour :D

But then it doesn't cost anything so.....beggars and choosers springs to mind :) The picture quality is very good:thumbup:

nldfc Nov 8th 2010 5:16 pm

Anyone else having trouble with BBC1 and ITV1 here ? - I just get the black screen with those 2 :confused:

Ignore that - works fine now , must have been doing something wrong

kirkio Nov 8th 2010 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8924782)
This one works just now - Dont know how long it will last though - Right click and zoom for full screen :thumbup:

http://fbhost-tv.fr/uk-player/

Class thanks!:thumbsup:

pontcanna Nov 8th 2010 8:47 pm

Great to use that site to watch Cardiff v Swansea on Beeb One Sunday morning (despite the result and the hideously early hour). No buffering, all footy goodness :)

nldfc Nov 10th 2010 1:07 am

Nice little touch added to this now - each channel has a channel guide on the page :thumbup:

Canuck2b Nov 10th 2010 2:30 am

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8972386)
Nice little touch added to this now - each channel has a channel guide on the page :thumbup:

Like!!!!! :D

cityhog Nov 10th 2010 3:43 am

Can someone tell me when I can watch some good British TV programs you guys rave about? Whenever I click on these channels, I happen to see American movies or TV programs. To my surprise I could even watch a live NFL Sunday night game!

Northernlass1 Nov 10th 2010 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8969191)
Anyone else having trouble with BBC1 and ITV1 here ? - I just get the black screen with those 2 :confused:

hmmm I must be doing something wrong too....I can't get any picture only sound now with WMP Player HQ when I click on any of its channels but Flash HQ and Flash Player HQ seem to work ok. :confused:

nldfc Nov 10th 2010 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Northernlass1 (Post 8973190)
hmmm I must be doing something wrong too....I can't get any picture only sound now with WMP Player HQ when I click on any of its channels but Flash HQ and Flash Player HQ seem to work ok. :confused:

working fine here - just checked BBC1 and ITV1 both ok :thumbup:

seeming to take a bit longer to buffer today for some reason though

Northernlass1 Nov 11th 2010 1:37 pm

Got it sorted....was opening it in google chrome changed to internet explorer and it works a treat....phew!!! My life wouldn't have been worth living if 11 yr old missed Merlin :D

nldfc Nov 17th 2010 12:48 am

Well impressed that this has lasted so long :thumbup:

nldfc Nov 24th 2010 1:08 pm

Anyone else finding this really slow the last week or so ? May be the time of the month that my internet speed goes for kack :confused:

4d32ftw Nov 24th 2010 2:26 pm

mine gets really slow sometimes to the point i give up and put the normal * on again

nldfc Nov 24th 2010 2:30 pm

I think I may try and rewire the house a bit to have hardwire connections upstairs to speed it up a bit - The wireless option i'm pretty sure is slowing my connection down a good bit

Atlantic Xpat Nov 24th 2010 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 9001566)
I think I may try and rewire the house a bit to have hardwire connections upstairs to speed it up a bit - The wireless option i'm pretty sure is slowing my connection down a good bit

You have Rogers right? What service do you have? I have recently switched back to them and have the (alledged) 25mbps service. That's all fine and dandy but the crappy SMC modem/router they provide sucks. It's in the basement. I get upto 20mbps wifi sitting in the basement but when I go upstairs it's <10.:frown:

nldfc Nov 24th 2010 4:17 pm

Yip Rogers it is - Free years deal that I got from them when i bought the house - to be honest I will be going back to Aliant as soon as its over - The speeds are unpredictable as hell , I will try a check with speedtest.net hard wired and wireless tonight just out of curiosity.

Had a couple of messages from them the last couple of months that I am approaching my limit as well which isnt helping my torrent downloading quota ;)

nldfc Nov 24th 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 9001577)
You have Rogers right? What service do you have? I have recently switched back to them and have the (alledged) 25mbps service. That's all fine and dandy but the crappy SMC modem/router they provide sucks. It's in the basement. I get upto 20mbps wifi sitting in the basement but when I go upstairs it's <10.:frown:

This is what i get according to speedtest using halifax with wireless I should add

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1044147067.png

Atlantic Xpat Nov 25th 2010 12:19 am

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 9002417)
This is what i get according to speedtest using halifax with wireless I should add

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1044147067.png

I do a bit better.....;)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1044209671.png

nldfc Nov 25th 2010 12:33 am

Is that down in the basement or upstairs ?

tried shutting down the other laptop and shutting the torrent clients and streams down and its still crap

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1044231380.png

Atlantic Xpat Nov 25th 2010 1:00 am

That's upstairs away from the router. I do have the encrypton turned off (but MAC filtering on before anyone comes round to try to steal my connection). I'm no techie but I think the encrypton seems to slow things down a tad.

nldfc Nov 25th 2010 1:08 am

I just took the lappy downstairs and practically had it sitting on the smc box and still couldnt get over 10 - I will try hardwire tomorrow , there must at least 10 bloody ethernet cables in this house and I cant find one of them right now :frown:

can see the phone and the internet going back to rogers and taking aliant back on again :thumbup:

Atlantic Xpat Nov 25th 2010 1:24 am

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 9002600)
I just took the lappy downstairs and practically had it sitting on the smc box and still couldnt get over 10 - I will try hardwire tomorrow , there must at least 10 bloody ethernet cables in this house and I cant find one of them right now :frown:

can see the phone and the internet going back to rogers and taking aliant back on again :thumbup:

What Rogers internet service have you subscribed to? I have the 25mbps package, one down from the ultimate. If you are on the 10Mbps deal then your speeds are pretty reasonable.

I moved back to Rogers from Aliant because where I am, I can only get 3Mbps with them and thats with drop-outs. Might be different to you being closer the the mythical exchange!

nldfc Nov 25th 2010 11:44 am

I will have to give them a call to see what package I am on - may be worth upgrading to the 25 if I am only on a 10

Atlantic Xpat Nov 25th 2010 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 9003404)
I will have to give them a call to see what package I am on - may be worth upgrading to the 25 if I am only on a 10

I'm on 'Extreme Plus'. Man, I'm on the edge.;)

nikkif99uk Nov 25th 2010 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8928732)
Working now for me as well - they must have been having problems this morning missed countdown but managed to catch the weakest link :thumbup:

I thought cbbc was cbeebies but I must have thought wrong :) - I will have a dig around this afternoon for a cbeebies link ( There is a pretty good Disney movies channel in the US link I posted further down )

what codec do i need some of the channels say a codec is needed

nikkif99uk Nov 25th 2010 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk (Post 9004381)
what codec do i need some of the channels say a codec is needed

i can get the flash hq ones to work though

nldfc Nov 25th 2010 11:40 pm

Could you let me know what ones are not working for you and i will see what codecs you need - I take it all the vlc ones are working ?