British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   New link for British TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/new-link-british-tv-689953/)

Northernlass1 Oct 19th 2010 5:09 pm

Re: New link for British TV

Thanks soooo much for this, it works brilliantly...I have an 11 yr old with a serious bout of homesickness so perhaps a bit of Brit tv might help :unsure:

rivingtonpike Oct 19th 2010 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Northernlass1 (Post 8928791)
Thanks soooo much for this, it works brilliantly...I have an 11 yr old with a serious bout of homesickness so perhaps a bit of Brit tv might help :unsure:

I know we have to adapt but without 64 Zoo Lane - life looses something. Treehouse just isn't the same yet!

Northernlass1 Oct 19th 2010 5:37 pm

I shall assume your child is a tad younger than mine who at 11 needs a dose of Merlin and X factor but will probably settle for Masterchef!!!

KerinaK2008 Oct 20th 2010 1:04 am

Hoping to glance X factor live on Saturday if this link is still working! I got caught up with a show when i went to London a few weeks back. Talent did not seem that great this year though. But always interesting to glance. UK Apprentice looked interesting though. I have been hooked since series 1. May try and catch Question Time this week too.

Thanks again.:thumbup:

pontcanna Oct 20th 2010 6:47 am

Checking tonight, things seem to have changed around and I don't seem to be able to connect...now the download of a TVU player is required and I get "channel not available" messages. Anyone experiencing similar?

SivoxII Oct 20th 2010 7:09 am

These kind of sources typically break down pretty quick (or grab your interest, before changing things!)

rivingtonpike Oct 20th 2010 9:31 am

I can't get onto the site any more either. Is this a common phenomenon - that it works for a short space of time and then just stops? I was really looking forward to using the site for the nostalgic "Question Time" sort of stuff....

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 11:07 am

ah well - good while it lasted - hoped to get a bit bloody longer out of it though :confused:

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 11:32 am

Maybe all not lost just yet - I signed up as a member and it still all works in the windows media player section at the top - I think there were 3 channels out of the 24 not working

Making you sign up is normally the first step to charging fees to use though :frown:

rivingtonpike Oct 20th 2010 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8930739)
Maybe all not lost just yet - I signed up as a member and it still all works in the windows media player section at the top - I think there were 3 channels out of the 24 not working

Making you sign up is normally the first step to charging fees to use though :frown:

Just signed up and I'm back online - just hope it works until Match of the Day on Saturday.

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike (Post 8930903)
Just signed up and I'm back online - just hope it works until Match of the Day on Saturday.

Hopefully :thumbup:

No luck with a cbeebies link yet

Northernlass1 Oct 20th 2010 1:37 pm

Yeah I just had to sign up to....hoping it runs for a bit longer before they start asking for monies!! Mind you all that was on this morning was Jeremy Kyle :(

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 1:52 pm

I was trying to work while watching a James Bond movie :D

BristolUK Oct 20th 2010 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike (Post 8930903)

Go here if not.

Make sure Saturday is the day selected and look down the list for MOTD. Click on the TV set on the right alongside and then you'll get a list of links to a live stream. They won't all work but some will and you should find them quite watchable.

pontcanna Oct 20th 2010 7:42 pm

Or you could just spend 5 quid a month (or less) and sign up for a reliable VPN that will give you access to just about everything...including iPlayer. The only actual advantage with the site we're discussing is that it's accessible from a Canadian IP address and is therefore advantageous for work surfing and the
like :)