British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   New link for British TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/new-link-british-tv-689953/)

Welsh Tony Jan 13th 2011 8:13 am

Re: New link for British TV

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 9096009)
Tony - Just triple checked that link and although the links don't show as clickable they are

right now on BBC 1 is some red monster and his buddies in a kids house

itv has some kind of talk show with an old dear in a grey cardigan :)

channel 4 has countdown

Just tried it again and it's all working O.k.
:thumbsup:
Servers must have been whilst I was trying before.:thumbdown:

nldfc Jan 13th 2011 11:16 am

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 9096088)
Bit early for that, isn't it? :D

Its never too early for " that " ;)

pontcanna Jan 15th 2011 11:12 pm

Lots of buffering this afternoon - rather spoiled MOTD and Football League Show.

nldfc Feb 4th 2011 6:17 pm

I am finding this a bit slower to buffer lately but once it does go through its buffer routine it works fine :thumbup:

SivoxII Feb 4th 2011 6:30 pm

.. the way things are going here in Canada, live streaming may be less favourable, as there is a lot going on right now with Internet Companies "attempting" to revise their packages/monthly bandwidth usage/caps.

As most of you know, uploading/downloading is at the top of the tree, but live streaming, skype, interactive media, online gaming, flash content on websites .... all eat away at your allowance.

Visit www.openmedia.ca for the lowdown on current events, as reports continue on a daily basis.

All the best!

NorfolkNumpty Feb 4th 2011 9:02 pm

Glad I don't have to use streaming sites too much, I get all my Brit TV from thebox or uknova

Joe_Sleepy Feb 4th 2011 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by NorfolkNumpty (Post 9152913)
Glad I don't have to use streaming sites too much, I get all my Brit TV from thebox or uknova

Downloading is the very thing the IPs want to charge extra for..

NorfolkNumpty Feb 4th 2011 11:24 pm

Its the unlimited packages that they are targetting, I have a usage limit of 75gb and with all my downloading, streaming and PS3 I have never gone over.

airbornesapper Feb 5th 2011 3:27 am

Originally Posted by NorfolkNumpty (Post 9153170)
Its the unlimited packages that they are targetting, I have a usage limit of 75gb and with all my downloading, streaming and PS3 I have never gone over.

Not working out that way here...with all this streaming malarkey...

Monthly Usage with one day left to be added...(even with Expatshield out of action):

Plan Total - 95 GB, Used - 95.26 GB, Overage - 0.26 GB

Looks like we will owe Mr Rogers for an extra gig or two....seems our streaming is rising month over month.

Total Usage (GB) -Usage Allowance (GB) Additional Usage (GB) -Usage Charge
Dec 5/10 - Jan 4/11 93 95 0 $0.00
Nov 5/10 - Dec 4/10 73 95 0 $0.00
Oct 5/10 - Nov 4/10 61 60 1 $2.00
Sep 5/10 - Oct 4/10 44 60 0 $0.00
Aug 5/10 - Sep 4/10 15 60 0 $0.00

NorfolkNumpty Feb 5th 2011 3:31 am

Weird! I've been streaming and torrenting extensively for almost 3 years and never gone over. I think streaming uses more bandwidth than torrenting, which is what I do most.

airbornesapper Feb 5th 2011 4:17 am

1 Attachment(s)
ROGERED BY ROGERS

AVAILABLE PACKAGES:

Ultra-Lite - Up to 500 Kbps for $27.99, 2GB Allowance (5 bucks per gig overage)

Lite - Up to 3Mbs for $35.99, 25GB Allowance (2.5 bucks per gig overage)

Express - Up to 10Mps for 46.99, 60GB Allowance (2 bucks per gig overage)

Extreme - Up to 10Mbps for $59.99, 95GB Allowance (1.5 bucks per gig overage)

Extreme Plus - Up to 25Mbps for $69.99, 125GB Allowance (1.25 bucks per gig overage)

Ultimate - Up to 70Mbps for $99.99, 175GB Allowance (50 cents per gig overage
)

A bit more choice in NB.....would be nice....besides Bell Alliant Attached is a screenshot showing my speed this evening. Considering this was on a laptop over a wireless connection, with another wireless computer merrily streaming 'Sun, Sand and Suspicious Parents'....the 10.19mbs download is pretty decent.

The4BellsLondon Feb 5th 2011 4:33 am

My kids went to Seattle for a suprise weekend with the grandparents when the latter were visiting last month. I didnt really think about it as to me its only a 3 hr trip - not a different country = Nu huh!!

I forgot to do the DO NOT USE YOUR Cell - you may bbm but thats it - to dear daughter.

In all fairness she only uplaoded 4 pics to facebook and used BBm for rest

Rogers bill today - 4 pics - $750!

airbornesapper Feb 5th 2011 4:39 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 9153548)
My kids went to Seattle for a suprise weekend with the grandparents when the latter were visiting last month. I didnt really think about it as to me its only a 3 hr trip - not a different country = Nu huh!!

I forgot to do the DO NOT USE YOUR Cell - you may bbm but thats it - to dear daughter.

In all fairness she only uplaoded 4 pics to facebook and used BBm for rest

Rogers bill today - 4 pics - $750!

Holy shit....something does not add up there.....

I'm off to Belgium tomorrow....thank goodness for free wireless and skype.

The4BellsLondon Feb 5th 2011 4:43 am

Originally Posted by airbornesapper (Post 9153555)
Holy shit....something does not add up there.....

I'm off to Belgium tomorrow....thank goodness for free wireless and skype.

We have had a little discussion today - me and Rogers, it got to me about to give my credit card details to cancel all 3 contracts we have with them when they said hmm well maybe we could waive it this time but you do need a roaming plan when you leave the country ( no shit sherlock?!)

They finally waived it but I was crapping myself that I was gonna have to cancel the 3!!

airbornesapper Feb 5th 2011 4:53 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 9153557)
We have had a little discussion today - me and Rogers, it got to me about to give my credit card details to cancel all 3 contracts we have with them when they said hmm well maybe we could waive it this time but you do need a roaming plan when you leave the country ( no shit sherlock?!)

They finally waived it but I was crapping myself that I was gonna have to cancel the 3!!

Glad you avoided a right Rogering...good to see things worked out.

http://www.realstreet.co.uk/wp-conte...-em-tshirt.jpg