British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   New link for British TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/new-link-british-tv-689953/)

nldfc Oct 17th 2010 11:00 pm

New link for British TV

This one works just now - Dont know how long it will last though - Right click and zoom for full screen :thumbup:

http://fbhost-tv.fr/uk-player/

blue monday Oct 17th 2010 11:03 pm

Re: New link for British TV

Cheers :thumbup:

nldfc Oct 17th 2010 11:10 pm

Pretty good quality even in full screen - just watched Family guy on BBC 3 :thumbup:

BristolUK Oct 17th 2010 11:23 pm

Looks good. Thought it wasn't going to work at first, but then it kicked in.

KerinaK2008 Oct 17th 2010 11:28 pm

thanks! I can not believe this actually works! :D

markpeo Oct 18th 2010 12:05 am

Nice one, great quality. One of the best ones i've seen. :thumbup:

nldfc Oct 18th 2010 12:11 am

Some US channels on this link - For some reason I cant get sound on HBO though :confused:

http://fbhost-tv.fr//video_category/10/USA.html

DeadVim Oct 18th 2010 12:39 am

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8924782)
This one works just now - Dont know how long it will last though - Right click and zoom for full screen :thumbup:

The Dam Busters on BBC2 :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd forgotten the squadron's (black) dog was called Nigger, different times ...

airbornesapper Oct 18th 2010 1:06 am

Originally Posted by markpeo (Post 8924886)
Nice one, great quality. One of the best ones i've seen. :thumbup:

Ditto......thanks.

Atlantic Xpat Oct 18th 2010 1:54 am

Good link, but there really is **** all on British TV at 1:00am. ;)

CanadaJimmy Oct 18th 2010 4:51 am

Couldn't get it to work on my Mac here, I tried copying the MMS links in the source code into VLC and didn't really get anywhere :(

Oink Oct 18th 2010 5:16 am

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 8925276)
Couldn't get it to work on my Mac here, I tried copying the MMS links in the source code into VLC and didn't really get anywhere :(

Works with my Mac. :thumbup:

pontcanna Oct 18th 2010 7:14 am

Looks good...about 3 minutes behind "live", but nice to have - though I have a VPN anyway (My Private Network). Since I can't VPN from work, this could come in handy. I hope it will expand to more of the channels shown on TV Catchup (which blocks VPN's).

Hope this one lasts...

SivoxII Oct 18th 2010 10:20 am

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8924896)
Some US channels on this link - For some reason I cant get sound on HBO though :confused:

http://fbhost-tv.fr//video_category/10/USA.html

US Channels with no sound! ... so where is the bad news in all of this? :rofl: *insert 'proper' hide smiley*

nldfc Oct 18th 2010 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 8925276)

This one doesent run through VLC player Jimmy - its a stand alone internet explorer deal

BristolUK Oct 18th 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8925885)
This one doesent run through VLC player Jimmy - its a stand alone internet explorer deal

And, despite what it says on the site, it works on Firefox too.

nldfc Oct 18th 2010 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 8925978)
And, despite what it says on the site, it works on Firefox too.

Yip - firefox I tried it with as well :thumbup:

swoops Oct 18th 2010 2:05 pm

double left click on the pic for full screen...

rivingtonpike Oct 18th 2010 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8924782)

I'm a fully paid up technophobe, but how do you get this thing to work?

nldfc Oct 18th 2010 3:56 pm

just click the link - click on the channel you want to watch - give it maybe 2 minutes to buffer and should kick in

cheeky_monkey Oct 18th 2010 7:38 pm

when did they change the titles on corrie?..plus champions league football in my lunch hour :thumbsup:

Bellanova Oct 18th 2010 8:19 pm

Excellent, thanks :D

nldfc Oct 19th 2010 1:05 pm

Is it my connection or are these channels getting slower to load up :confused:

rivingtonpike Oct 19th 2010 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8928136)
Is it my connection or are these channels getting slower to load up :confused:

I still can't get it to even load up. Has anybody found any instructions?

nldfc Oct 19th 2010 1:21 pm

What stage are you getting to - I can get it to load no problem - just seems to be getting slower

rivingtonpike Oct 19th 2010 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8928171)
What stage are you getting to - I can get it to load no problem - just seems to be getting slower

When I click on the OP's link, get to the home page fine. Then I seem to root around but never get to an actual programme. Last time I got to the home page of ITV3, but no programming....I don't know what the sequence of buttons or lnks to follow is.

nldfc Oct 19th 2010 1:45 pm

Seems to be not working just now - I will have a look at it in a bit - hopefully its back up and running before countdown :D

shazza69 Oct 19th 2010 1:53 pm

Cool :thumbup:

rivingtonpike Oct 19th 2010 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8928212)
Seems to be not working just now - I will have a look at it in a bit - hopefully its back up and running before countdown :D

Got it working! Are there more than the 10 channels displayed on the first page? I was really after Cbeebies (for the kids - naturally)

nldfc Oct 19th 2010 5:38 pm

Working now for me as well - they must have been having problems this morning missed countdown but managed to catch the weakest link :thumbup:

I thought cbbc was cbeebies but I must have thought wrong :) - I will have a dig around this afternoon for a cbeebies link ( There is a pretty good Disney movies channel in the US link I posted further down )

Northernlass1 Oct 19th 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks soooo much for this, it works brilliantly...I have an 11 yr old with a serious bout of homesickness so perhaps a bit of Brit tv might help :unsure:

rivingtonpike Oct 19th 2010 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Northernlass1 (Post 8928791)
Thanks soooo much for this, it works brilliantly...I have an 11 yr old with a serious bout of homesickness so perhaps a bit of Brit tv might help :unsure:

I know we have to adapt but without 64 Zoo Lane - life looses something. Treehouse just isn't the same yet!

Northernlass1 Oct 19th 2010 6:37 pm

I shall assume your child is a tad younger than mine who at 11 needs a dose of Merlin and X factor but will probably settle for Masterchef!!!

KerinaK2008 Oct 20th 2010 2:04 am

Hoping to glance X factor live on Saturday if this link is still working! I got caught up with a show when i went to London a few weeks back. Talent did not seem that great this year though. But always interesting to glance. UK Apprentice looked interesting though. I have been hooked since series 1. May try and catch Question Time this week too.

Thanks again.:thumbup:

pontcanna Oct 20th 2010 7:47 am

Checking tonight, things seem to have changed around and I don't seem to be able to connect...now the download of a TVU player is required and I get "channel not available" messages. Anyone experiencing similar?

SivoxII Oct 20th 2010 8:09 am

These kind of sources typically break down pretty quick (or grab your interest, before changing things!)

rivingtonpike Oct 20th 2010 10:31 am

I can't get onto the site any more either. Is this a common phenomenon - that it works for a short space of time and then just stops? I was really looking forward to using the site for the nostalgic "Question Time" sort of stuff....

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 12:07 pm

ah well - good while it lasted - hoped to get a bit bloody longer out of it though :confused:

nldfc Oct 20th 2010 12:32 pm

Maybe all not lost just yet - I signed up as a member and it still all works in the windows media player section at the top - I think there were 3 channels out of the 24 not working

Making you sign up is normally the first step to charging fees to use though :frown:

rivingtonpike Oct 20th 2010 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by nldfc (Post 8930739)
Maybe all not lost just yet - I signed up as a member and it still all works in the windows media player section at the top - I think there were 3 channels out of the 24 not working

Making you sign up is normally the first step to charging fees to use though :frown:

Just signed up and I'm back online - just hope it works until Match of the Day on Saturday.