Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New link for British TV

New link for British TV

Old Nov 24th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New link for British TV

mine gets really slow sometimes to the point i give up and put the normal * on again
Old Nov 24th 2010, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

I think I may try and rewire the house a bit to have hardwire connections upstairs to speed it up a bit - The wireless option i'm pretty sure is slowing my connection down a good bit
Old Nov 24th 2010, 2:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
I think I may try and rewire the house a bit to have hardwire connections upstairs to speed it up a bit - The wireless option i'm pretty sure is slowing my connection down a good bit
You have Rogers right? What service do you have? I have recently switched back to them and have the (alledged) 25mbps service. That's all fine and dandy but the crappy SMC modem/router they provide sucks. It's in the basement. I get upto 20mbps wifi sitting in the basement but when I go upstairs it's <10.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Yip Rogers it is - Free years deal that I got from them when i bought the house - to be honest I will be going back to Aliant as soon as its over - The speeds are unpredictable as hell , I will try a check with speedtest.net hard wired and wireless tonight just out of curiosity.

Had a couple of messages from them the last couple of months that I am approaching my limit as well which isnt helping my torrent downloading quota
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
You have Rogers right? What service do you have? I have recently switched back to them and have the (alledged) 25mbps service. That's all fine and dandy but the crappy SMC modem/router they provide sucks. It's in the basement. I get upto 20mbps wifi sitting in the basement but when I go upstairs it's <10.

This is what i get according to speedtest using halifax with wireless I should add

Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:19 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

This is what i get according to speedtest using halifax with wireless I should add

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1044147067.png
I do a bit better.....

Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Is that down in the basement or upstairs ?

tried shutting down the other laptop and shutting the torrent clients and streams down and its still crap

Last edited by nldfc; Nov 25th 2010 at 12:50 am.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 1:00 am
Slightly Canadian

That's upstairs away from the router. I do have the encrypton turned off (but MAC filtering on before anyone comes round to try to steal my connection). I'm no techie but I think the encrypton seems to slow things down a tad.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

I just took the lappy downstairs and practically had it sitting on the smc box and still couldnt get over 10 - I will try hardwire tomorrow , there must at least 10 bloody ethernet cables in this house and I cant find one of them right now

can see the phone and the internet going back to rogers and taking aliant back on again
Old Nov 25th 2010, 1:24 am
Slightly Canadian

I just took the lappy downstairs and practically had it sitting on the smc box and still couldnt get over 10 - I will try hardwire tomorrow , there must at least 10 bloody ethernet cables in this house and I cant find one of them right now

can see the phone and the internet going back to rogers and taking aliant back on again
What Rogers internet service have you subscribed to? I have the 25mbps package, one down from the ultimate. If you are on the 10Mbps deal then your speeds are pretty reasonable.

I moved back to Rogers from Aliant because where I am, I can only get 3Mbps with them and thats with drop-outs. Might be different to you being closer the the mythical exchange!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

I will have to give them a call to see what package I am on - may be worth upgrading to the 25 if I am only on a 10
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:03 pm
Slightly Canadian

I will have to give them a call to see what package I am on - may be worth upgrading to the 25 if I am only on a 10
I'm on 'Extreme Plus'. Man, I'm on the edge.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Working now for me as well - they must have been having problems this morning missed countdown but managed to catch the weakest link

I thought cbbc was cbeebies but I must have thought wrong - I will have a dig around this afternoon for a cbeebies link ( There is a pretty good Disney movies channel in the US link I posted further down )
what codec do i need some of the channels say a codec is needed
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
what codec do i need some of the channels say a codec is needed
i can get the flash hq ones to work though
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Could you let me know what ones are not working for you and i will see what codecs you need - I take it all the vlc ones are working ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.