Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Immigrant - need advice please!

New Immigrant - need advice please!

Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Immigrant - need advice please!

I am recently landed in Canada within the last month and I have had a big blow up with my Canadian citizen partner. She has now threatened to revoke her spousal sponsorship (common-law). Can she do this?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Immigrant - need advice please!

Originally Posted by Karib
I am recently landed in Canada within the last month and I have had a big blow up with my Canadian citizen partner. She has now threatened to revoke her spousal sponsorship (common-law). Can she do this?
No

You are a landed PR. As long as you meet your residency requirements and don't do anything to require the Canadian Authorities to deport you, you will retain your PR status.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:14 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
No

You are a landed PR. As long as you meet your residency requirements and don't do anything to require the Canadian Authorities to deport you, you will retain your PR status.
She can't revoke the PR status, but if she tells CBSA that it was a Marriage of Convenience, and that you had no intention of living with her in Canada, they will investigate.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

She can't revoke the PR status, but if she tells CBSA that it was a Marriage of Convenience, and that you had no intention of living with her in Canada, they will investigate.
Thanks for your replies. It's not a marriage of convenience; we have children together. I came to Canada to live with her.

However things between us are very stormy at the moment.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all

Depends if you deserve it or not.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:02 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameswales
Depends if you deserve it or not.
eh?