Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Old Jan 24th 2011, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Originally Posted by billyphatu
You only need 2 photos if it's just you on the application form.

If you're being accompanied by a spouse, you will need to include 2 photos of them as well, next to yours. Hence the instructions saying you might need to include 4 photographs if required.

We submitted two applications, and are both on each others' forms - so we needed to submit 8 photos all together!
Ahh no worries, it was last minute panic set in this morning. Sent it off just before lunchtime today so hopefully will get an email from the embassy at some point this week!
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:00 am
Just Joined

pete6256 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been reading through some of the posts and I am still a little unclear about one thing.

I'm currently in Canada on a WH visa that I got through BUNAC, but I am interesting in reapplying for a second year through IEC. Can I apply through IEC now? and then when my BUNAC visa expires in July, just cross the border to the USA and activate my new one?

- Surely they won't make it that simple?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

helen_from_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pete6256
I have been reading through some of the posts and I am still a little unclear about one thing.

I'm currently in Canada on a WH visa that I got through BUNAC, but I am interesting in reapplying for a second year through IEC. Can I apply through IEC now? and then when my BUNAC visa expires in July, just cross the border to the USA and activate my new one?

- Surely they won't make it that simple?
Hi,

This is exactly what I plan to do. My WHV expires in June and I am just filling the forms in now and plan to send them today.

Good luck with it.

Helen
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Does anyone know when this year closes for 2011 apps to IEC? or is it just until the 5,000 visa's are taken?

Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:08 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linz3112
Hi
Does anyone know when this year closes for 2011 apps to IEC? or is it just until the 5,000 visa's are taken?

Thanks
It closes when the quota is filled although I think the CIC also reserve the right to end it sooner under emergency conditions etc.