Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I just summarised my GCSE's and A-Levels on there too like I do on my CV which is what I did on the form last year too and I had no problems then.

Affiliations only needs to be used if you have any professional qualifications or are a member of any governing bodies etc. I think most people would only need to complete that if they are either registered as a medical health worker or if they are professionally certified to practise IT, accountancy or some sort of trade. I put my IT certifications in there but if you haven't had to do any trade exams or anything then you could probably just leave it blank.
Okay cool, thanks Tomorrow comes the bank proof of funds fun
Old Jan 20th 2011, 9:59 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Okay cool, thanks Tomorrow comes the bank proof of funds fun
Good luck mate, that was by far and away the worst part of the process for me.

Hopefully you will be able to get it without too much trouble.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck mate, that was by far and away the worst part of the process for me.

Hopefully you will be able to get it without too much trouble.
I'll let you know how it goes!!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

I just summarised my GCSE's and A-Levels on there too like I do on my CV which is what I did on the form last year too and I had no problems then.

Affiliations only needs to be used if you have any professional qualifications or are a member of any governing bodies etc. I think most people would only need to complete that if they are either registered as a medical health worker or if they are professionally certified to practise IT, accountancy or some sort of trade. I put my IT certifications in there but if you haven't had to do any trade exams or anything then you could probably just leave it blank.
Balls! That's just made me realise that I've made a mistake on the form. I'm a qualified Accountant (hence the hilarious username) but I left the Affiliations section blank as I assumed it related more to memberships of Councils, Trade Unions etc. Now you say it like that it makes far more sense!

I've declared clearly that I am a qualified Accountant (in the education/employments sections on the same form, and it's all on my CV too), so hopefully that makes it ok. I bloody well hope so anyway!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:35 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr. Numbers
Balls! That's just made me realise that I've made a mistake on the form. I'm a qualified Accountant (hence the hilarious username) but I left the Affiliations section blank as I assumed it related more to memberships of Councils, Trade Unions etc. Now you say it like that it makes far more sense!

I've declared clearly that I am a qualified Accountant (in the education/employments sections on the same form, and it's all on my CV too), so hopefully that makes it ok. I bloody well hope so anyway!
If your ACCA (presumably) is listed on your CV then it shouldn't be too much of a problem I should have thought since the affiliations part of the form isn't very well explained.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

If your ACCA (presumably) is listed on your CV then it shouldn't be too much of a problem I should have thought since the affiliations part of the form isn't very well explained.
Hope so - with no instructions for that form I'm sure there'll be a few differences in how it's completed by various people. I've listed my qualifications on my CV and elsewhere in the same form, so it should be pretty clear.

This was always set to be a nervous couple of months anyway!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

helen_from_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The new IEC Rules for WHV in Canada

Later comer to this thread.... apologies.....

So I'm a little confused... Last July I arrived in Canada on a WHV through BUNAC, I now have discovered IEC and want to apply - after reading through the website it seems pretty straight forward and I was preparing to send off for my police certificate this coming Monday - but I'm confused by you guys saying you can't apply for a new visa till your current one has expired? Does this mean that I have to wait till July to apply? If this is the case do I have to leave my job and Canada while I wait in the UK for a visa??

Surely they would all be gone by then?

I don't really want to go through BUNAC again because of the cost for no extra return than I would get by going direct.

As a further sub-question how do you gain proof of funds in both the UK and Canada?? Can you just supply bank statments?

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Helen

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:56 pm
Sidecar Falcon

You can apply now and you will not need bank forms from both countries.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

You can apply now and you will not need bank forms from both countries.
Thanks, but how do I prove I have the money then? I have a job in Canada so if I'm able to get the second visa obviously I will keep this going and have a regular income? Would they accept this or want to see proof of a lump sum in my account?

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:01 am
Sidecar Falcon

You will need proof of a lump sum.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:05 am
Just Joined

You will need proof of a lump sum.
Ok, so how do you get it - can I just give them my bank staements? And can it be half in UK / half in Canada (i.e. 2 seperate statements?)
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:16 am
Sidecar Falcon

Either the Canadian bank or your UK bank need to sign that form or, at the least, provide an equivalent containing the same information.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Either the Canadian bank or your UK bank need to sign that form or, at the least, provide an equivalent containing the same information.
Ok thanks
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Okay I'm close to submitting. I'm super paranoid about missing something off. It says two photos on the checklist but then says 4 photos if required elsewhere in the pack
Old Jan 24th 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Okay I'm close to submitting. I'm super paranoid about missing something off. It says two photos on the checklist but then says 4 photos if required elsewhere in the pack
You only need 2 photos if it's just you on the application form.

If you're being accompanied by a spouse, you will need to include 2 photos of them as well, next to yours. Hence the instructions saying you might need to include 4 photographs if required.

We submitted two applications, and are both on each others' forms - so we needed to submit 8 photos all together!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.